Amundsen sound

Hello all

I have a "feature" on my car that I cannot turn off, or atleast know how to turn off, I was wondering if anyone else knew how to or could provide a workaround. 

Similar to the annoying Stop/Start that always defaults to reenabling itself when you turn the car off I have another irritation and that is the Radio/MP3 turning the music on when I turn the car on and the Amundsen fires up.  Sure I can turn the music down, but it is still irritating that when I have silenced the music, I get back in the car and it fires back up again 😒

I can get irritated very easily by noise, specifically music and or radio commentators; I may even like the music but I have to be in the mood for it otherwise it drives me mad.  So all I want, is that when I am not in the mood I can mute the unit and when it powers back up it remains muted until I decide I want to have something playing.  I am aware I can hit the power button but I do like having the display on/sat nav etc without having to arse around with sound levels.

I believe this is called the "Maximum switch-on volume" in the Amundsen user manual.  https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2014/Navigation/Amundsen/A7_Octavia_Amundsen_InfotainmentNavigation.pdf

This setting can only go as low as 5, is there a way to force this to 0 or is there another way I can achieve what I want?  Can anyone help this grumpy sod out?

If you have multifunction steering controls, would simply pressing the left button to mute it meet your objective. Or would that split second of sound be too long and offensive? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulski said:

If you have multifunction steering controls, would simply pressing the left button to mute it meet your objective. Or would that split second of sound be too long and offensive? 

Good call, I forgot that scroll button when pressed in mutes the stereo as I rarely play music in the car. 

I just jump in the car and dial down the volume with the knob  along with disable the stop start; its a mild irritation and I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick fix that didnt involve me having to adjust sound settings everytime I start the car up.