Honda S2000

Boxerdog1

Just acquired an early model (AP1) S2000 , only 43000 and full history.  In process of giving it a full shakedown and tidying up the bottom end , nothing structural but a lot of surface stuff due to the lack of protection these cars have from the factory.   Always fancied one and not disappointed so far - performance is fantastic for a normally aspirated 4 pot two litre motor and the last 3000 rpm up to 9000 has to be experienced when the Vtec kicks in.  Not a lot of these around , certainly down here in Cornwall.   

2 Oct 2019 Back from Motomotion........JPG

2 Oct 2019 Back from Motomotion....JPG

Sept 19 first week in Cornwall (3).JPG

Sept 19 first week in Cornwall (10).JPG

• Like 3

Guest BigJase88

love an S2000, is that Milano Red? if so best colour too!

thought about the 18" s2k alloys for it, they are better looking IMO, came on the later GT models

1 minute ago, BigJase88 said:

love an S2000, is that Milano Red? if so best colour too!

thought about the 18" s2k alloys for it, they are better looking IMO, came on the later GT models

Colour is 'New Formula Red'  . I think it's very similar or possibly the same as 'Milano Red'  as there is confusion on various forums about this.  Yes agree wheels are a bit plain but have decided to keep this one totally original (ftb !)  

Guest BigJase88

It does look similar to Milano, maybe a little lighter. I had a Milano Civic Type R and loved it. Super reliable and intelligent engineering from Honda

2 hours ago, sharkrider said:

these are great cars, one of the few to up to 9k! amazing engine... great balance, great handling.... when my mk1 mx5 has gone up in value enough (a few years yet) this is what will replace it!

Strangely enough I recently sold a fairly mint MX5 Mk1 ... ran out of things to do to it !     Sold via Car and Classic ,  buyer bought 'unseen' from pics / description and history file.  Obtained £8500  which included a few spares inc. a spare set of the rare OE OZ alloys.  The S2000 stands me at £3k more so  far which includes a full paint correction and detail plus 4 new Rainsport 3 tyres to replace the Bridgestones , which although looked perfect with over 6mm left ... were 10 years old !!  The Honda just seems so much more car in all respects and something I'd feel safe in on Motorways unlike the Mk1 Mazda , which although a fantastic well balanced little sportscar , felt a bit flimsy by comparison .  And then of course ... there's the engine 😉

Edited by Boxerdog1
  • Like 1

Been 'fettling' underneath this week ...was already very solid and only some surface corrosion present on suspension arms and fixings etc.   Arches and sills are virtually mint for a 19 year old car .  With intention of keeping it that way ,  copious amounts of Dinitrol products are in process of being consumed ...... 

Bottom rear before and after 

3bF5xadl.jpg

YiUy7Z9l.jpg

OSR wheelarch before and after

iaca25el.jpg

LiX7dT3l.jpg

Edited by Boxerdog1
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finished the 'pre winter fettle' including lots of cleaning / protection of all the hidden bits.  Put a new 'S2K' plate on too .  Here she is out and about in the West Cornwall Wilderness .......

Bmnrndah.jpg

• Like 1