PLEASE HELP vrs Octavia smoking /burning oil

Hello everyone as the title says im having bother with my 05 mk1 vrs 1.8t AUQ ive serched so much for the cure for this but i cant seem to see any answers  

Car has 160,000

Unsure when /if turbo was ever done as i haven't got the car overly long ive done about 20,000 miles on it scince ive got it 

Car has a decat with standard back box for now and mapped to 212bhp apparently was told this from previous owner

The problem im having is the car will puff blue smoke out on tickover only when warm eg coming to a set of traffic lights,and when i go to pull away there is a plume of blue smoke and the smell of burning oil is really strong has anyone came to the bottom of this as i cant seem to find an answer some say valve stem seals others say oil ring in turbo  and others say theres got worse after decating i must say the outside of the turbo is a bit damp with oil but i think this could be because my rocker cover gasket is leaking  a fair bit (need to get this fixed) anyone ever find the solution as its getting annoying any help is very much appreciated thanks

Edited by octaviatdi02

Generally, if a car smokes on overrun (or on acceleration immediately after overrun) this points to valve guides or seals as the engine oil is sucked into the combustion chambers by the vacuum when the inlet airflow is closed off (throttle closed).

The other general case is on acceleration; steady smoke on acceleration points to worn rings or bores.

In either case excess oil ends up in the combustion chamber and gets part burned, resulting in a sour smell,  marked blackening of the oil and increased oil consumption.

Worn bores/rings also increase crankcase pressure encouraging oil mists or leaks from crankcase seals and breathers.  Worn valves/seals tend to increase pressure in the rocker box which usually leads to leaks or misting around the rocker box seals and oil filler cap.

I agree totally with what said above, but in view of the fact you are experiencing cambox leaks, check that your PCV valve is not gummed up in the breather pipe near the oil filter housing.

The cambox can pressurise and cause the eventual failure of the cambox gasket. A simple thing to check before you jump into the dearer/more complex stuff.

Do you know if the oil changes were done at reasonable intervals or is the service history patchy?

Edited by kentphil1

Agree with above, start with simple things/checks first, another test i would is a Compression test; both wet and dry. do a dry test compression check first and write down the readings, the carry out a "wet compression" test, you simply pour about a teaspoon full of oil down the sparkplug  hole if the reading goes higher then the piston rings are worn as the oil will seal the worn rings and increase compression, if compression does not increase the the valves or seals/guides are worn. A simple test but can/does show allot about the health of the engine.