Random/unprompted reset of long term+since refuel trip computers

Hi i'm New here, 

i've recently bought a 2018 1.6 Se Technology octavia with 14,000 miles on the clock and i've noticed a few times now that at some random point the car resets the "long term" and "since refuel" trip computers back to zero miles. i know for definite i haven't pressed the reset button above the steering wheel, or reset the long term data through the car HMI, or reached any specific mileage where it would reset, had the car serviced or disconnected the battery , I am the driver of the car.

I know its the not the end of the world but its frustrating and i don't want the problem to manifest as something more serious. i've spoken to main dealer and they said bring it in, but i don't want to get stung for labour if its something i'm inadvertently doing myself.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Long term normally resets at 99 hours or 999 miles whichever occurs first, it's independent of the "trip" meter. The "trip" meter should reset at 9,999 miles.

"since refill" resets after after every refill

"short term" resets after 2 hours of leaving the vehicle , unless you continue driving the vehicle after leaving and re-entering and starting the engine within the 2 hours.

• Like 1