1.4 tsi 150 bhp

The 1.4tsi in the Octavia and Superb both produce 110kw/250Nm but the Superb is about 140kg heavier so the Octavia has a claimed 0-100kph of 8.1seconds and the Superb 8.6 seconds.

Judging by owners consumption reports in Briskoda the cylinder deactivation on the Superb 1.4tsi (the Octavia does not have it) allows it to achieve similar figures to the Octavia despite the extra weight.

Edited by Gerrycan

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

The 1.4tsi in the Octavia and Superb both produce 110kw/250Nm but the Superb is about 140kg heavier so the Octavia has a claimed 0-100kph of 8.1seconds and the Superb 8.6 seconds.

Judging by owners consumption reports in Briskoda the cylinder deactivation on the Superb 1.4tsi (the Octavia does not have it) allows it to achieve similar figures to the Octavia despite the extra weight.

Did 16,000 miles in 2016 Superb 1.4TSi manual hatch and averaged 50mpg helped by the ACT. Best tank (66 litres) was 800 miles. My SE model weighed just 1,320kg on 17" alloys.

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Did 16,000 miles in 2016 Superb 1.4TSi manual hatch and averaged 50mpg helped by the ACT. Best tank (66 litres) was 800 miles. My SE model weighed just 1,320kg on 17" alloys.

1320 kg seems a bit light for such a big car with independent rear suspension?

Is that empty weight as opposed to kerb weight which includes 70kg driver and full fuel, and which would then bring it up around the online source I viewed?

Either way, if the OP is happy with the performance of the 1.4tsi Octavia, when fully loaded, then he is unlikely to be disappointed with performance/economy of the Superb in most circumstances.

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

Is that empty weight as opposed to kerb weight which includes 70kg driver and full fuel, and which would then bring it up around the online source I viewed?

Either way, if the OP is happy with the performance of the 1.4tsi Octavia, when fully loaded, then he is unlikely to be disappointed with performance/economy of the Superb in most circumstances.

Sorry got it wrong checked unladen weights for 1.4TSI S hatch which is 1,340kg and SE is 1,360kg.:thumbup:

On 25/10/2019 at 01:28, Gerrycan said:

Yes happy so far coming up to 90K miles 16 plate, only 1 sensor gone in that milage, just need the gear linkage reset on 1st and reverse slightly stiff to get in sometimes

Edited by skippy41

35 minutes ago, mandp said:

I did...but I don't get your thrust?

Check out the Karoq section and also general feedback on the 1.5tsi engine in manual gearbox format especially ...  there is a fix ongoing I believe .  Plus my comment was directed specifically at Skippy for obvious reasons . 

I'm concerned by apparent Antipodean cultural appropriation by someone from the Scottish Borders 

..and the English rugby and cricket team coaches. 

:) 

Edited by Gerrycan