Kodiaq Virtual cockpit Help

4 hours ago, mazo22 said:

Well even on the infotainment it shows the same random other just white kodiaq -> some other 16” wheels etc. Same on VC - my question is if I have th RS why its not coded from factory as RS. Thats why I asked how the other RS kodiaqs have it.

You can’t change it in the infotainment, only on the virtual cockpit. 

12 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

You can’t change it in the infotainment, only on the virtual cockpit. 

on the VC so what should be changed?
by the way what is your VC HW version and what SW/FW version - just to doublecheck if I can get the same thing working.

Also what part number if you have it

Is it 565 920 790 + one lettter to it?

is it somewhere in the display depiction kanal/canal??   -many thanks?

Just now, mazo22 said:

on the VC so what should be changed?
by the way what is your VC HW version and what SW/FW version - just to doublecheck if I can get the same thing working.

Also what part number if you have it

Is it 565 920 790 + one lettter to it?

is it somewhere in the display depiction kanal/canal??   -many thanks?

What? I meant you can only change the VC to show the Kodiaq RS on it and not the infotainment.

You need to code it using VCDS - with you asking for software versions it sounds like you know how to.

You need to change it under long coding in STG 17.

1 minute ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

What? I meant you can only change the VC to show the Kodiaq RS on it and not the infotainment.

You need to code it using VCDS - with you asking for software versions it sounds like you know how to.

You need to change it under long coding in STG 17.

I have no bloody idea a have a good friend with VCDS who knows how - but its his first Kodi RS... so did not know its there - I have found it here so - looking for an upgrade solution 😉   Many thanks I believe he will find his way to activate it - hopefully it won´t start any software glitches...

Just now, mazo22 said:

I have no bloody idea a have a good friend with VCDS who knows how - but its his first Kodi RS... so did not know its there - I have found it here so - looking for an upgrade solution 😉   Many thanks I believe he will find his way to activate it - hopefully it won´t start any software glitches...

Get him to check long coding for STG 17. I forgot which byte it is, but it was one of the dropdown menus so it was pretty self explanatory. Kinda interesting as there's also an option to show the Kodiaq GT which is only available in China.

I hate that you can't code the car to show a Kodiaq RS in the 'shutdown' sequence where it shows you your driving data. Wish Skoda would spend the extra few days coding that into the cars.

Just now, ZacDaMan72 said:

Get him to check long coding for STG 17. I forgot which byte it is, but it was one of the dropdown menus so it was pretty self explanatory. Kinda interesting as there's also an option to show the Kodiaq GT which is only available in China.

I hate that you can't code the car to show a Kodiaq RS in the 'shutdown' sequence where it shows you your driving data. Wish Skoda would spend the extra few days coding that into the cars.

Thanks again - he will stop by this evening with his cable and laptop - will report back if all went OK.

• 6 months later...

Interesting topic - Kodiaq Edition, bought new in March this year (2020, the Plague Year) and so far the VCDS has been fine. Until now. I've had the aforementioned blank screen of doom where the navigation screen should be, and some other weird faults, such as the mpg readout changing itself from 'since refuel' to 'since start' and both the total and trip mileage disappearing, and inability to select some of the options in the different choices for the central display eg for vehicle data. The nav screen reappeared but the other issues still seem to be there, although sometimes the trip mileage reappears (and I'm aware that ACC causes some items to not display).

It would be good if the user could re-set VC..... I'm assuming re-setting the Columbus infotainment won't have any effect judging by what others have said.

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anybody received on update on this, but through skoda's ERWIN I was able to find a TPI , a service note on this.

It does exist ( I have a copy in french), it is dated february this year.

There is currently a software update that needs to be done on the car and it fixes the problem.

If any interest I will upload it.

Should help anyone still stuck with this.

I have an appointment with skoda end of this month and just to make sure this is fixed, I will bring the note with me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 14/11/2021 at 20:08, wdufour105 said:

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anybody received on update on this, but through skoda's ERWIN I was able to find a TPI , a service note on this.

There is currently a software update that needs to be done on the car and it fixes the problem.

I have an appointment with skoda end of this month and just to make sure this is fixed, I will bring the note with me.

Hello, any news about this fix? if i check the online skoda portal and inster my VIN it says i don't need any kind of software upgrade.. do you think the dealer could know something about this?

Thanks in advance..

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 19:08, wdufour105 said:

Hello everyone,

Hi @wdufour105, do you still have the TPI? Or at least the TPI number please?