Kodiaq Virtual cockpit Help

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

You'd think Skoda would have a system that enables their dealer network to feedback these glitches and anomalies instantly. Likewise you'd hope proactive dealers would be feeding back to Skoda after each fault, rather than waiting to see it themselves multiple times first.

Skoda are getting a bit of a reputation for launching glitchy electrical systems and software of late.

Their customers are having to do too much of their testing for them. Not good enough.

I agree. 

I’ve had Volkswagen and Audi cars and now ŠKODA and I have to admit the way glitches and faults are treated is always the same. No matter the brand.

Like for the Columbus system. You’d like to think such an expensive equipment would have a faster response time. Definition is nice. Maps etc looks ok. But come on ŠKODA! An extra RAM module would not have hurt. And the system would be so much quicker.... I mean some extra ram would not have made a big difference in terms of pricing on such a system !!!

Anyway....

• Like 1

• Administrators

I was proposing this forum be a good feedback in the early days for the skoda folks... get involved support it, us, the customers, the brand ambassadors... no interest, and that was 10+ years ago ;)

I see little change in this, with price increases all around, they are going to have to refill the coffers some how. 

An audi mech told me once, if they built the cars like the reputation from the 80's, 90's, we would not be able to afford them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColinD said:

I was proposing this forum be a good feedback in the early days for the skoda folks... get involved support it, us, the customers, the brand ambassadors... no interest, and that was 10+ years ago ;)

I see little change in this, with price increases all around, they are going to have to refill the coffers some how. 

An audi mech told me once, if they built the cars like the reputation from the 80's, 90's, we would not be able to afford them.

You’re absolutely right about the price increase. 
it’s really expensive.  
I mean ok I decided to buy the high end trim level L&K... this trim level is quite recent. 
But I mean you look at the prices and you are very far away from ŠKODA and what it used to be. 
Ok the overall built quality has improved. But I can’t help to think that given the prices.... you want to go one notch higher in terms of overall technology used etc... The Columbus is an exemple. 

But in fairness cars today are much cheaper relatively to 30 years ago.

While the overall price maybe 20% higher (inflation adjusted) the amount of technology is 100% more

ABS brakes - Electric everything - telephone interface etc...

30 years ago - the high specs were Electric Windows and Central Locking

My first car a Vauxhall Viva... that was the height of luxury... reclining front seats... so you had somewhere for some fun in the evenings....

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just happened to me. Brand new Kodiaq RS. Picked up the vehicle from dealer, drove 50km and the map disappeared from virtual cockpit (black map screen and the map zoom icon present and working).

I planned a trip to the dealer, but in the mean time map came back on and has been working flawlessly ever since. I suspect the instrument cluster had to exchange some data with the columbus multimedia unit and it needed some drive cycles to complete the sync.

Still, pretty unpleasant.

4 hours ago, DLF said:

Hello,

Just happened to me. Brand new Kodiaq RS. Picked up the vehicle from dealer, drove 50km and the map disappeared from virtual cockpit (black map screen and the map zoom icon present and working).

I planned a trip to the dealer, but in the mean time map came back on and has been working flawlessly ever since. I suspect the instrument cluster had to exchange some data with the columbus multimedia unit and it needed some drive cycles to complete the sync.

Still, pretty unpleasant.

Hi. 

Thanks for your feedback. 
Let’s all make sure this feedback is brought up to the dealers’ attention. This is the only way ŠKODA will start paying attention to this issue. 

On my side, strangely enough no more issues with VC. For some reason I feel the map on VC loads up even quicker than it did in the beginning. Perhaps the car just needed a few cycles to get everything back in order. 

Is everyone still experiencing same issue?

FYI my car now reads 6’000 kms.  Got it beginning of November last year. 

Related query, but does anyone know if anyone has produced a 'how-to' guide or similar for the virtual cockpit? I find the manual useless and I'm not convinced I have optimised or customised mine anywhere near as much as is possible. 

2 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Related query, but does anyone know if anyone has produced a 'how-to' guide or similar for the virtual cockpit? I find the manual useless and I'm not convinced I have optimised or customised mine anywhere near as much as is possible. 

Just play around with the settings in the infotainment system. It’s not like a windows computer that you have to spend hours to optimise...

On my new Karoq, the VC issue just vanished as random as it appeared. The navigation screen disappeared from the VC at my 2nd drive and just came back at ~80km,  just when I wanted to get my dealer to fix it.  it's working fine ever since (I'm at 500km now).  The Skoda dealer and service team said they were not aware of this problem. Strange, especially in view of so many folks reporting the very same issue here.  Would feel better with a proper explanation..

Retrofit has been done - and I guess if you paid the dealer enough they would do it for you.. but a lot..

Can be done for around £500 to £1000 depending on the coding and buying the unit from Russia..

Needs coding with 2 different systems.. - see posts from @SashaGrace and the Karoq Projects @Shahoff

• 2 weeks later...

And it happened again. And I have noticed a pattern: it happens when the VC display layout is in Auto and you quickly enter a navigation destination before the VC has time to display the map. As I recall, last time it happened to me I was also playing with the navi and the VC settings.

I believe the VC has 2 different software modules (the navi part which is responsible for traffic guidance: turn left, right etc. and the map display module) and the problem is caused by how the VC is displaying different graphical elements.

What I mean is each graphical element/module is on it's own layer and the VC switches display modes by putting certain layers in the background and sending others in the foreground. And in this particular case perhaps some timer inside the VC is a tad late so the different graphical layers are not displayed in the right order and the map somehow ends up in a background plane.

Anyhow, the fix was to switch the display layout in other mode (NOT Auto) and at next drive cycle (switch engine off and lock the car and then unlock and start engine) the map was back on on the VC.

I will anyhow report this to skoda and perhaps there will be a SW update for this bug.

• 1 month later...

OK, so this happened to me and it coincided with me downloading the map updates for UK via sim/skoda connect.  You can test it by updating a map/poi.  It also happened when updating poi from SD card. 

So, it may be during downloads/updates it vanishes from cockpit until complete. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2020 at 15:50, DiWo said:

On my new Karoq, the VC issue just vanished as random as it appeared. The navigation screen disappeared from the VC at my 2nd drive and just came back at ~80km,  just when I wanted to get my dealer to fix it.  it's working fine ever since (I'm at 500km now).  The Skoda dealer and service team said they were not aware of this problem. Strange, especially in view of so many folks reporting the very same issue here.  Would feel better with a proper explanation..

I thought the problem had disappeared but it keep coming back randomly.  Doesn't seem related to any particular settings or configuration.  Also restarting the car or Multimedia System (Columbus in my case)  doesn't solve the issue.  Went to my dealer today again. They claim to be unaware of any issue. Strange, considering the numerous complaints about this problem since last year (which suggest a systemic issue).  I ask my dealer to fix this or else take back the car (against full refund of the purchase price).  

My dealer said that the VC software has a bug and there will be an update by September. Meanwhile I have this issue intermittently, it comes and goes but I can't see a particular pattern. It's really annoying.

19 hours ago, DiWo said:

My dealer said that the VC software has a bug and there will be an update by September. Meanwhile I have this issue intermittently, it comes and goes but I can't see a particular pattern. It's really annoying.

Ok good to know they seem to be working on a fix... You are right in that this issue shows up intermittently..... Nothing happens for days... and all of the sudden the next day... nothing.
Also noticed it happens when you do multiple things at the same time. Like while the map loads up on th VC, you use the Multimedia System and start going in the various menus etc.... whilst if you leave it alone and let it load there is less likelyhood it will freeze.

That's my experience anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2019 at 23:28, ZacDaMan72 said:

My car does this when I start it up while in the sport view...not sure why? The information/oil temp display disappear with the confirmation button popping up, but just seems weird for it to show in the first place.

1998542167_9efFw0b(1).thumb.jpg.69cbf9560247ee7945e20c781729491a.jpg

Do you have the same RS- white kodiaq and red brake calipers on the infotainment ? or when turning of the car?  I have a white RS but in this part only a standard white Kodiaq shows up. Gladly no issues as shown on the picture.

2 hours ago, mazo22 said:

Do you have the same RS- white kodiaq and red brake calipers on the infotainment ? or when turning of the car?  I have a white RS but in this part only a standard white Kodiaq shows up. Gladly no issues as shown on the picture.

Mine's silver with different wheels from factory. You need to code the RS picture into the virtual cockpit, I can't remember what the coding was but it was quite easy in VCDS.

7 hours ago, mazo22 said:

HI this is is one of the (many)? software glitches of the virtual cockpit (like gps map randomy not loading up).... Hopefully they will haver it pached up and fixed.... at some point?

14 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Mine's silver with different wheels from factory. You need to code the RS picture into the virtual cockpit, I can't remember what the coding was but it was quite easy in VCDS.

Well even on the infotainment it shows the same random other just white kodiaq -> some other 16” wheels etc. Same on VC - my question is if I have th RS why its not coded from factory as RS. Thats why I asked how the other RS kodiaqs have it.