P334A and P0028(EE)

Skynetz

Hello guys,

I have a Fabia 2011 1.2TSI (105) with a bit less than 130k km and everything was fine until a few weeks ago or maybe a bit more. Let's rewind a bit.

So it's the beginning of June I drive a bit faster home for 100km on the highway and when I turn off the car and back on after cca. an hour the EPC light came on and the car went into limp mode. I drive a bit wondering wtf is that and than turn the car off and back on, than also the check engine light came up. Even more confused I turn it off and wait for cca. a minute. I turn the car back on and there were no lights. And there was none after that and the car was functioning perfectly till let's say 2 weeks ago.

Then the EPC light would sometimes come up and than disappear or come up together with the check engine light. So I connect my OBDII connector and check what's going on. I see that the error code is P334A which triggers the EPC light and when the check engine light would come up that would be P0028(EE).

The app for the P0028(EE) also says OBDII: Intake valve control solenoid, bank 2 - range/performance problem, that's why I also didn't care so much till now, but now I get the error and limp mode every time I turn the car on, so it got more serious/annoying.

If I clear all codes the car drives perfectly fine without any issue. I forgot to mention that from June to 2 weeks ago I did around 4k km.

I would drive the car to my mechanic if I would be home but the problem is that I live abroad 1600km away from home and have my car here. I plan to go back home with my car sometime in November or December and that would be again around 1600km.

Are these errors serious and should be looked at before I return? I would not like to go to the service here as I would be very far away later on if something wouldn't be ok and I couldn't come back to complain.

Do you have any experience with this error? What would you suggest?

Edited by Skynetz

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this, maybe that will solve it. But my main question is if it is safe to drive like this 1000km let's say. Is there anything that can happen or just higher consumption?