Somethings rattling.......

Gonzini

Had a search on here for causes of rattling noises from the dash area, it seems they all rattle??!! Superb mk3 seem to score high.

Mines starting to drive me mad, even with the stereo on you can hear it rattling away in the background.

It started at 50 miles from new around the lower centre console area around the aircon control panel. 

I put it off getting looked at until 1000 mile check over, they did know about it. They secured / re-route a cable harness as it sounded like a hard plastic connector vibrating on the plastic.

Really quiet for a few days as it should be, then.... more rattling but much worse. Sounds like its higher up now though, still centre console. I'm at about 1400 miles now.

Hard to pin point area when your driving, and I'm a bit deaf as had a ****ty cold last week.

Has anyone managed to find the cause of rattling in that area of the centre console?

Cheers

My last Fabia (2016) had an annoying rattle around the glove box area. It seemed to be worse when the aircon was working harder in the summer months.

I eventually gave up as it was intermittent and not too loud.

Thankfully  my 2019 Fabia doesn't have any rattles,but I worried that it would have when I bought it.

Persist with the  main dealer,in  my opinion, as they seemed to be on the right track fixing it. 

My glove box seems quiet at the moment... I've had that open closed and pushed it about while driving to check.

I think i might of found what the problem might be, not 100% sure but doesn't seem right.

Rattle seems to be coming from higher up in the centre console, sounds like the top vents area.

I had a look down through the vents with a torch and noticed what looks like a flap to shut the air flow off, which looks closed.

Having played with all the settings on the heater controls at no point does air flow out of the centre top vents. I guess its supposed to open with the dash side vents which would do the side windows? That would be the setting with the arrow pointing towards a seated person on the button?

Side vents seem to open and close OK, but nothing in the middle.

I wonder if a linkage or what ever has become disconnected / broken from whatever actuates the flap and is rattling.

I would report your findings to the dealer.

Someone else here may have had the same problem.

I hope you get it sorted soon,rattles drive me mad.

Will do, you kinda have to fault find your car.

This ones a really annoying rattle, even the stereo doesn't really mask it at moderate levels.

I've found myself bashing and swearing at the dashboard already.....

• Haha 1

I drove back to the dealers this morning on my way into work, I've totally had enough of it. Managed to get one of the techs out and luckily it played up. He thought it was f'n crap as well!!!

I was wrong about the lack of air flow out of the centre vents, user error with the rotating dial thingy. I'm sure i tried it....

Going in next Tuesday for 2 days.

I could hear a rattle when driving the mrs' new Fabia the other month I was gutted as it had only done a few hundred miles at the time...... I kept trying to make out where it was coming from and thought it was from the dash area near the glovebox.

After ages trying to find what it was I finally found it........... Her sunglasses in the glasses holder next to the interior light!!!!!!!

Turns out if you put them in in a certain way they rattle.... Turn them over and no rattle. :D

• Haha 1