Opinions required for a couple of small problems.

So ive had my Fabia vRS for about 500 miles from brand new now, about 2 weeks. So far im loving it, apart from two (slightly) annoying things:

• Occasional rattle from glovebox area, and
  • Wrinkles on the rear seats

Now, these two things are nit picking quite a lot. BUT i just saw a thread mentioning enabling of the "alarm beeps" when arming/disarming which i would love to have done, but unfortunately dont have VAG-COM(?) to do it myself. So i was thinking i could get the garage to look at the rattle/wrinkles under warranty and ask them to enable the alarm beeps while they had it in? The only problem with this is that my dealer is a good 25/30miles away and is a pain to get to...:mad:

So, my question is - would anyone bother going to the dealer to get these things sorted and have them enable the alarm beeps (hopefully for free as they would already be doing work on it?!), or would you leave it? Im kind of thinking that the longer i leave it the less lovely they will be to me...

Help?

The seat wrinkles are a common problem from what I've seen on this site. It's up to you whether you're annoyed by them or not.

Same goes for the rattle, does it annoy you that much? I've never been one to take a car to the dealer for a rattle tbh ... these things do happen!

The seat wrinkles are a common problem from what I've seen on this site. It's up to you whether you're annoyed by them or not.

Same goes for the rattle' date=' does it annoy you that much? I've never been one to take a car to the dealer for a rattle tbh ... these things do happen![/quote']

If im honest, i am a bit of a picky bugger so things like that can really get on my t*ts. I just spoke to the guy who sold me it and he said the seats can be replaced under warranty, and apparently the glovebox rattle is one they have had a few times between 1.5k and 2k revs....and they can enable the alarm beeps while its in.

Sounds perfect.

Only problem is i cant get him to book it in, so i have to phone the workshop and try and persuade them to do ALL of it for free :)

He did say i would get a replacement car whilst mine was in the workshop, so its not the end of the world i guess. Might as well get the hassle over with to (hopefully) get some of the niggles sorted.

Don't suppose there is anyone from Sussex area with VAG-COM? ;)

So ive had my Fabia vRS for about 500 miles from brand new now' date=' about 2 weeks. So far im loving it, apart from two (slightly) annoying things:

[list']

[*]Occasional rattle from glovebox area, and

[*]Wrinkles on the rear seats

Now, these two things are nit picking quite a lot. BUT i just saw a thread mentioning enabling of the "alarm beeps" when arming/disarming which i would love to have done, but unfortunately dont have VAG-COM(?) to do it myself. So i was thinking i could get the garage to look at the rattle/wrinkles under warranty and ask them to enable the alarm beeps while they had it in? The only problem with this is that my dealer is a good 25/30miles away and is a pain to get to...:mad:

So, my question is - would anyone bother going to the dealer to get these things sorted and have them enable the alarm beeps (hopefully for free as they would already be doing work on it?!), or would you leave it? Im kind of thinking that the longer i leave it the less lovely they will be to me...

Help?

I had a glove box rattle, it turned out to be the wiring for the airbag deactivation switch and the wiring for the light "resonating" or whatever.

I used some Paxmate, which is self adhesive foam for insulating PC cases to cut noise down, to wrap the cables up and ... no more rattles.

fluff'

I had a glove box rattle' date=' it turned out to be the wiring for the airbag deactivation switch and the wiring for the light "resonating" or whatever.

I used some Paxmate, which is self adhesive foam for insulating PC cases to cut noise down, to wrap the cables up and ... no more rattles.

fluff'[/quote']

I dont have the airbag de-activation switch, but will have a better look around tommorrow to see if i can sort it as i know the garage will have trouble with it as its one of those things that will only happen on the occasion when you actually want it to happen...:rofl:

Will try and sort that myself, but will get the seats done i think.

Thanks.

Alternatively print this thread out and it will help the dealer know what to do to get rid of your rattle - I mean if they have the car in the workshop already for the day, anyway, then take advantage of it being there...unless of course you want to have a go yourself and are looking forward to doing the work? ;)

Alternatively print this thread out and it will help the dealer know what to do to get rid of your rattle - I mean if they have the car in the workshop already for the day, anyway, then take advantage of it being there...unless of course you want to have a go yourself and are looking forward to doing the work? ;)

Does it matter that i dont have the de-activation switch? Or is said wiring already sitting there?

Fluff - do you have the de-activation switch?

Does it matter that i dont have the de-activation switch? Or is said wiring already sitting there?

Fluff - do you have the de-activation switch?

I'm really not sure - the wiring for the switch may be there, even if you don't have the switch installed.

I'd be interested to know, to be honest! We haven't ordered the switch option with our Fabia but if the wiring for it is in place, it could be a little mod to keep me busy one rainy saturday lol