Interior lights dont work when doors are opened

Hi all newbie to site, I have a 2014 1.6tdi Octavia,  I've just noticed that when I open the doors the interior courtesy lights do not come on, i have tried switching the toggle switch above the rear view mirror and has made no difference, has anyone had a similar issue and is there a fix for this.  Thanks in advance

One of my micro switches on my doors is playing up, when i open the door the dash display does not see it open so the lights also dont come on, maybe check that to see if the issue goes deeper. 
As a consequence , my car self locks as it doesnt see the door open, so i need to fix my issue regardless. 

The microswitch is buried deep inside the door lock inside the door its a PITA to get too assuming that this is your problem . Many people just live with it (the issue i have).
A tell tail sign is the car relocking itself after its been opened up, i've locked the keys in the car many times due to this.

Here is my door yesterday , the lock with the microswitch is shown detached from the car but plugged in and has VW written on it in paint pen 

https://gyazo.com/104a170f1639e35b3df0bfab450db33b

The lock with the switch in it VW and Skoda side by side 

https://gyazo.com/615e132216f5c03c8f25366b9e6b59e6

This is my thread for ref btw

On 25/11/2019 at 22:50, 928nic said:

The microswitch is buried deep inside the door lock inside the door its a PITA to get too assuming that this is your problem . Many people just live with it (the issue i have).
A tell tail sign is the car relocking itself after its been opened up, i've locked the keys in the car many times due to this.

Here is my door yesterday , the lock with the microswitch is shown detached from the car but plugged in and has VW written on it in paint pen 

https://gyazo.com/104a170f1639e35b3df0bfab450db33b

The lock with the switch in it VW and Skoda side by side 

https://gyazo.com/615e132216f5c03c8f25366b9e6b59e6

This is my thread for ref btw

Thanks for the thread.  After closer inspection mine doesn't relock by itself and each door I open shows up on the display individually so am at a bit of a loss at the moment 

47 minutes ago, Raj35hp said:

Thanks for the thread.  After closer inspection mine doesn't relock by itself and each door I open shows up on the display individually so am at a bit of a loss at the moment 

Ok , was worth a look and prolly for the best that you didnt have my issue.

Good luck in sorting it out .

I have the same issue. plus there is a exterior lights fault. I've checked every exterior light and everything is ok. I've scanned with vcds and found that this problem is very complex. It has to do with Terminal T30 (whatever that is🙄) This terminal connects interior light(not working, light sensor for light assist(working) and generator ( don't know what it is but vcds says so). The footwell lights are ok, when opening and closing doors. Does anyone might have a clue where to start?

6 minutes ago, Devilsky said:

I have the same issue. plus there is a exterior lights fault. I've checked every exterior light and everything is ok. I've scanned with vcds and found that this problem is very complex. It has to do with Terminal T30 (whatever that is🙄) This terminal connects interior light(not working, light sensor for light assist(working) and generator ( don't know what it is but vcds says so). The footwell lights are ok, when opening and closing doors. Does anyone might have a clue where to start?

When i swapped from my BMM engine to BKD engine depending on what manual i was going through to hack the wiring together. T30 could be just a terminal connection or a a 30 pin plug which i'm not sure if a T30 plug is used in the wiring harness. So here is a ref pdf that might help a bit .

http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/en/bosch_classic/teile_1/switches/downloads_3/klemmenbezeichnungen.pdf , it reads that for T30 might be the Line from battery positive terminal (direct) which could explain so many issues with one small fault , so maybe have a look around the battery and fuesbox in eng compartment, it might be as simple as a blown or bad fuse/connection . 

• Thanks 1

Just a quick update for anyone who is having the same problem.  I took down the front light assembly above the rear view mirror and inspected the circuit board.  I found that the solder was missing around the rocker switch connections.  All soldered now and working as it should be.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 03/12/2019 at 21:43, Raj35hp said:

Just a quick update for anyone who is having the same problem.  I took down the front light assembly above the rear view mirror and inspected the circuit board.  I found that the solder was missing around the rocker switch connections.  All soldered now and working as it should be.  

I think I am having the same issue. Could you please confirm which parts of the board you needed to solder?

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, DHM said:

I have this issue too, took the unit with the lights out but don’t see a way to remove the circuit board from the unit.  On the lookout for a replacement from a breakers yard.

Thats a good idea DHM. I'll keep an eye out for a second hand bit too but I'd like it if someone could do a video showing how to repair the existing bit of kit.

18 hours ago, DHM said:

I have this issue too, took the unit with the lights out but don’t see a way to remove the circuit board from the unit.  On the lookout for a replacement from a breakers yard.

I got a quote on Breakersyard for £222!!!!!!! Found cheaper elsewhere but I'll have to see about getting to the rockerswitch when I get back on dry land before buying a full replacement unit if i can get away with soldering.

• 2 years later...
On 03/12/2019 at 21:43, Raj35hp said:

Hi Raj. Did you happen take any pictures?

Can you repair it in place (battery disconnected), or do you have to remove the board.

Thanks Dave