vRS and DSG.

Hello all - sorry if this has been covered already.

Is the Mk 2 Octavia vRS available with DSG in the UK or Ireland? Also, is it available with full leather? Am considering upgrading my 6 y.o. Mk 1 Combi to a Mk 2. Torn between 2.0TDI and vRS - has anyone owned both?

vRSs seem to be very attractive to thieves here in Ireland (I've heard of 3 stolen in the last year) and according to the Skoda website they are not available with DSG. The 2.0TDI with DSG might suit me better, but that 200bhp figure keeps calling me back.

I would love a 2.0 TDI Combi with DSG and 4wd in L&K trim, but obviously that's way too close to Audi's products for VAG to allow Skoda to make it.... :thumbdwn:

The RS hasn't the DSG at present and I could be wrong but I got the impression from around here that it wouldn't get it any time soon.I haven't driven the diesel but the RS is the business.

I dunno if they still have it but Bluebell had a 05 Combi Diesel with DSG, as far as I remember is had a few extras. It might be worth a test drive, btw they also have Demo Octy vRS's so I'm sure your could try both back to back before making your mind up :) .

Combi here, http://westside.phoenixmotors.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=349299

Btw make sure you put in a word where you heard about it.

Let me know what you do.

I've got a combi vRS... so I've got the best of both worlds. There are rumours of the new RS available as an oil burner (170bhp), but DSG is a long way off, even though a DSG is a dream to drive.

It sounds like you're looking for an L&K model rather than an RS version - full leather with DSG in a 2.0TDI. It'll have as much if not more torque than the RS, so you'll be happy about it.

Oh... You probably have a PM from Gaff... :D

Go for the VRS, like DaveB i've just switched over from a 2.0TDi and I still have a fixed smile from ear to ear. If you're covering loadsa miles the TDi is an obvious choice but other wise have the VRS :thumbup:

Ive owned a 2.0tdi for about a year now and have just switched to the vrs. I have to say I love the vrs.

Do you mind me asking: How much did you sell the TDI for? How much mileage, etc. Was it DSG? Any good source for UK spec Octy IIs? Irish dealers seem to be allergic to Leather.

I rang about that 1.9DSG Gaff, it sold yesterday, but the price seemed nuts - more than new?

I rang about that 1.9DSG Gaff, it sold yesterday, but the price seemed nuts - more than new?

I thought it was very well specced from what I recall. You should go over and have a look at the RS anyway. You never know you might get tempted :D