Fabia 2 vrs headlight bulb upgrade help

Now the winter is in full swing I’ve started doing quite a bit of driving in the dark and I’m finding the headlights on my 2011 Fabia VRS are barely adequate considering the performance of the car, beam pattern on dip and main beam is fine it’s just that the intensity is poor. Can anyone suggest an upgrade headlight bulb that will give a brighter and whiter light output at a not too excessive cost (under £20). I have seen some bulbs advertised which supposedly give double the brightness of standard bulbs, that imo is probably going too far, I’d be happy with 25-50% brighter, any suggestions ?

Philips extreme power (I use and recommend)  or Osram night breakers.

Also worth checking the alignment when the next MOT is, or before if you have access to a beam setter, my headlights were set quite low, setting to the max allowed level improved things again significantly.

Edited by UrbanPanzer

10 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

Philips extreme power (I use and recommend)  or Osram night breakers.

Also worth checking the alignment when the next MOT is, or before if you have access to a beam setter, my headlights were set quite low, setting to the max allowed level improved things again significantly.

Thanks for the recommendations, there seems to be quite a selection of Philips bulbs at different prices, the Osram bulbs are a bit more than what I want to lay out.

On 10/12/2019 at 19:14, Fitzwilliam said:

(under £20).

7 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

the Osram bulbs are a bit more than what I want to lay out.

£19.45 for two H7's any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/generation-brightness-headlamp-64210NL-HCB-passenger/dp/B07FXRDJV7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=6D3Y1IQAGESM&keywords=osram+night+breaker+unlimited+h7&qid=1576095090&sprefix=osram+%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-1

Thanks AG Falco