Install Auto Headlight

Hi Everyone, 

I have been looking at upgrading my lights to automatic. I took out the lightswitch and found the connector pictured below. The problem is i cant seem to find any retrofit connectors like this or even any pictures or videos detailing it with this type? Does anyone know of anywhere i can find this information or even somewhere i can buy the switch? Thanks!

thumbnail_20191216_145203.thumb.jpg.443eb5d8f5f4360f8403a377e7aa2ba8.jpgthumbnail_20191216_145249.thumb.jpg.27e1d5eeb9cfe8b3044f53d6a9e76a6f.jpg 

thumbnail_20191214_182059.jpg

There are two kind of modules...

First - you need to buy an automatic lights switch module and light switch for it

Second - just light switch with module in it

Edited by 67igor1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! Bought this switch in the end: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTO-Headlight-Switch-Sensor-Module-Bluetooth-For-VW-Golf-MK4-Jetta-4-Passat-B5/163620007846?fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3AGolf|Plat_Gen%3AMK+IV&hash=item2618832fa6:g:dr4AAOSwnBJasMFt

The on off seems to work pretty well and was easy to install. The app i eventually found as incase anyone has the same issue is called "CFA Light".

My only issue with it is the coming/leaving home functions won't work. Does anyone know if this is a change that coding is required? I can see using Carista that coming home is already enabled. Am I missing something or could it just not work with the rapid?

Thanks!

Would now not recommend doing this, it has drained my battery. Took the switch out now all the configurations are now broken, the fog, side and tail lights don't work and neither do the internal lights.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...