Realigning headlamp unit

carlpenn

Someone has kindly dinged the front O/S corner of my Bumper and moved the whole headlight unit back about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. So it is no longer in line with the Body.

Is there a way to realign this without removing Bumper? Need to get it done quick as I'm going away this coming weekend with my Wife for our wedding anniversary, in the Car..........😭

81391440-597353711018413-814984767563890

Nope have to remove whole bumper to get to the headlight bracket underneath

Its all hard plastic this its bolted to so dont think you will be able realign its more than likely a broken bracket 

which you could plastic weld it 

IMG-20191005-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DEL80Y said:

Nope have to remove whole bumper to get to the headlight bracket underneath

IMG-20191005-WA0000.jpeg

Fantastic 😞

Not having a good time this Christmas, someone smacked my Wifes new Fiat 500 and drove off the other day...............Now this!!!  

Thanks for picture and answer :)

Edited by carlpenn

The bumper really is that hard to remove if you have a few torx drivers handy

can all be done on the ground 

there is post earlier on that gives the full strip down procedure

I will try and find it later

Just now, DEL80Y said:

The bumper really is that hard to remove if you have a few torx drivers handy

can all be done on the ground 

there is post earlier on that gives the full strip down procedure

I will try and find it later

Thank You :)

• Like 1

For the headlight to be pushed back that far then it has almost certainly smashed at least one of the brackets off the back of the headlight.

Skoda offer a repair kit though...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, silver1011 said:

For the headlight to be pushed back that far then it has almost certainly smashed at least one of the brackets off the back of the headlight.

Skoda offer a repair kit though...

Cheers.

There is a metal bracket from inner wing that appears to be bent? Not too sure, As I had never noticed it before, not needed to look.

I say bent as the other side the same bracket is straight.

Really annoyed, as mine was a plonker in a car park too, I wasn't in the Car at the time. Worse still as my Wifes new Fiat 500 got a clobber from a Van driver who drove out of a petrol station, clipped her car (She was in a traffic queue) and then buggared off at speed 😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superbdreams said:

I have had a few free repairs after parking in car parks, all thanks to my dashcam.

Annoyingly, I had my Dash Cam on "Parked mode" but the impact wasn't enough to Save the recording.

My Cam takes a feed from an ignition only live feed. May have to change that :( 

Moreso, I normally park with my Nose facing a wall or hedgerow etc, But spaces where limited and I had to park centrally in the car park, with exposed front and rear. I am one of those who will park as far away as possible from Shop doors......This event is exactly why I do that :( 

I have front and rear cameras and wouldn't consider less, what is interesting is that in all four cases it has been the rear camera that secured the evidence not the front.

I have just upgraded mine to Viofo 4k duo pro dashcam and so far i am very impressed, far better than the blackvue it has replaced.