Satin Black powder Coated Extreme Alloys 19"

3 minutes ago, MO230 said:

I just can't unsee the "flower" now people have pointed it out 😂 and also unsure if I'd like the diamond cut once it's recut and much fatter, and everyone has them 😂

That was my main reason for changing...bloody mum pointed out the wheels looked like flower petals the first time she saw the car and I couldn't stop seeing it after that. There was some minor scraping damage that would have been fixed pretty easily.

Cleaned the car Sunday evening so better pic (I'm not good at taking photographs).20230528_201343.thumb.jpg.a35b8d010e9e755b34e38d6017749eb9.jpg

• Like 1

As promised. Previous repair photos below with how the wheel should look.

Am I being a bit fussy, would you be happy with this? Personally, if I’d have been asked to quote for the repair, I would have declined to carry it out and recommended going to a company that diamond cut.

ca5f9ed1-bcdd-46b0-bcaa-430b08f56bcc.jpeg

5f1183b6-987e-4ba7-8aa8-83f0e8e8009b.jpeg

cf68052e-0196-446b-b8f2-c33ada30e4a5.jpeg

ed38dfc7-c249-4032-9bdc-5db58e3ec8c9.jpeg

Edited by CookieMonster87

9 hours ago, Tazdaz said:

That was my main reason for changing...bloody mum pointed out the wheels looked like flower petals the first time she saw the car and I couldn't stop seeing it after that. There was some minor scraping damage that would have been fixed pretty easily.

Cleaned the car Sunday evening so better pic (I'm not good at taking photographs).20230528_201343.thumb.jpg.a35b8d010e9e755b34e38d6017749eb9.jpg

Thanks for this photo, I've been wondering what gunmetal looks like on a lighter coloured car. I was torn between gunmetal and shadow chrome, have opted for the latter - it's in for powder coating tomorrow :)

20220924_182337.thumb.jpg.b9175c3d94dd1c485e15f1186dfc333d.jpg

That's gloss black if you want a comparison. I suggested satin to the refurber but he said Matt or Satin stain/mark easily. Whatever they used has worked really well and still comes up shiny. I just need to find some decent centre caps as the ones in the picture either fell off or succumbed to corrosion!

2 minutes ago, Dooge said:

20220924_182337.thumb.jpg.b9175c3d94dd1c485e15f1186dfc333d.jpg

That's gloss black if you want a comparison. I suggested satin to the refurber but he said Matt or Satin stain/mark easily. Whatever they used has worked really well and still comes up shiny. I just need to find some decent centre caps as the ones in the picture either fell off or succumbed to corrosion!

Cheers for the post, shame to hear about the matt / satin finish marking easily, I'll see if my refurber says anything when I speak to them.

Currently trying to get some custom VRS badges made which are gloss black and the same bronze on the VII part that the wheels are going.

I have some new standard centre caps, but don't really want the silver logo with the bronze, so waiting on some 3d gel black on black wheel centres being made, will post pics if you'd like when I get them.

On 30/05/2023 at 13:25, CookieMonster87 said:

As promised. Previous repair photos below with how the wheel should look.

Am I being a bit fussy, would you be happy with this? Personally, if I’d have been asked to quote for the repair, I would have declined to carry it out and recommended going to a company that diamond cut.

ca5f9ed1-bcdd-46b0-bcaa-430b08f56bcc.jpeg

5f1183b6-987e-4ba7-8aa8-83f0e8e8009b.jpeg

cf68052e-0196-446b-b8f2-c33ada30e4a5.jpeg

ed38dfc7-c249-4032-9bdc-5db58e3ec8c9.jpeg

I don't think you're being fussy at all buddy, I wouldn't be pleased forking out money and it not being what I expected, it's those little gaps that my OCD wouldn't allow I feel 😂

6 hours ago, MO230 said:

Cheers for the post, shame to hear about the matt / satin finish marking easily, I'll see if my refurber says anything when I speak to them.

Currently trying to get some custom VRS badges made which are gloss black and the same bronze on the VII part that the wheels are going.

I have some new standard centre caps, but don't really want the silver logo with the bronze, so waiting on some 3d gel black on black wheel centres being made, will post pics if you'd like when I get them.

They could just have been fussy. They seemed to work on more high end cars and most of those had gloss black wheels. 

I'd love a part number for the genuine centre caps? I have found I can buy the cheap VRS badges (as pictured) and they will either fall off or corrode. I've tried clear lacquer but it just scratches off. Ideally I'd like some black badges but may settle for OEM. Only other place that seems to do aftermarket centre caps if Kopacek but I'm not keen on the honeycomb design they offer.

Shadow chrome looks good on white! 

@Dooge if you’re after black then I’d recommend these from Kopacek (formerly Super Skoda). They also have a vRS Honeycomb design and original, non-painted, centre caps available.

https://www.kopacek.com/skoda/wheels/center-wheel-caps-with-new-2012-logo-original-skoda-autoas-monte-carlo-black-version-f9r

@MO230 unfortunately the wife had the repair done while I was away working and I was unaware. I’ve used the repairer on previous cars without any issue but I think he’s dropped the ball with this one. Should have either declined the repair or advised to go to a place that does diamond cutting refurbishments. I feel he’s taken advantage of my wife not having a clue what a diamond cut wheel is. Annoyingly the cost of a full refurbishment (tyre off, stripped, repaired and powdercoat) would have only been slightly more expensive.

• Love it! 1

1 minute ago, CookieMonster87 said:

@Dooge if you’re after black then I’d recommend these from Kopacek (formerly Super Skoda). They also have a vRS Honeycomb design and original, non-painted, centre caps available.

https://www.kopacek.com/skoda/wheels/center-wheel-caps-with-new-2012-logo-original-skoda-autoas-monte-carlo-black-version-f9r

@MO230 unfortunately the wife had the repair done while I was away working and I was unaware. I’ve used the repairer on previous cars without any issue but I think he’s dropped the ball with this one. Should have either declined the repair or advised to go to a place that does diamond cutting refurbishments. I feel he’s taken advantage of my wife not having a clue what a diamond cut wheel is. Annoyingly the cost of a full refurbishment (tyre off, stripped, repaired and powdercoat) would have only been slightly more expensive.

Ah damn that's a shame, I luckily don't have the issue as the wife has an auto license 😂 maybe an excuse to get them redone another color then 🤣

1 minute ago, MO230 said:

Ah damn that's a shame, I luckily don't have the issue as the wife has an auto license 😂 maybe an excuse to get them redone another color then 🤣

That’s what it is looking like. I won’t be able to restore the profile however it should be much less noticeable when all one colour. The other 3 are spot on bar the odd bit of white worm corrosion. Just need to decide on a colour. Torn between gloss black and a gunmetal/anthracite colour. Really like the grey from the current Fiesta ST.

IMG_8592.jpeg.cbaccb8441814fc285af09cb00076295.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CookieMonster87 said:

Thanks bud, I thought I had trawled Kopacek's website but didn't see those! 

Shame about the alloys, when they are so damn expensive to buy in the first place (even second hand) you want them right. It makes a huge difference to the car. I kerbed mine shortly after getting them refurbed had to make do with touching them up with black nail varnish. It worked well but I'd rather have not had to use it!

1 hour ago, CookieMonster87 said:

That’s what it is looking like. I won’t be able to restore the profile however it should be much less noticeable when all one colour. The other 3 are spot on bar the odd bit of white worm corrosion. Just need to decide on a colour. Torn between gloss black and a gunmetal/anthracite colour. Really like the grey from the current Fiesta ST.

IMG_8592.jpeg.cbaccb8441814fc285af09cb00076295.jpeg

Could they not repair it? I like that color, and the shadow chrome one Fuzzarr posted

13 minutes ago, MO230 said:

Could they not repair it? I like that color, and the shadow chrome one Fuzzarr posted

Unfortunately not. I’ve had 2 places say that they wouldn’t be able to restore the profile. If it had have gone to them first however then they may have been able to. Just had a quote of £225 for a new wheel. May go down that route as the other 3 wheels are still in excellent condition. Probably only delaying the inevitable though 😂