Superb CR170 estate woes!

Mm5130

Hello and good evening. I'm new here and desperate for some advice.

I own a 2012 superb estate cr170 elegance. Its a 1 owner plus me car, 125k miles full service history and well looked after.

After a recent remap and service the car has developed a really annoying stutter/ judder between 1400 and 1500 rpm in 6th gear. It pulls well up to and past this but plays up in that range. It also doesn't feel like 205HP of car its always gone well but feels no different from standard.

I have just had a new DMF and clutch and the tuning man says all is good. There has never been a EML on and i am at a loss on what to do next.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Who carried out the remap? 

Was it ok before the remap?

Ask your mapper to return it to stock see it ok.

Seen it many times before where mappers miss a torque limiter causing problems like this. 

Hi folks thanks for the quick replies. The remap was done by a local mapper using an Avon tuning map. Remapped for me before never any problems. He has been out and taken live data, 2 injectors where very slightly down but well within limits.

Just done 600  miles in 2 days, before i set off i took it out and gave it a right thrashing and as if by magic no problems all the way there. A day of city driving whilst away and the drive back was horrendous, stuttering between 1400/1500rpm in 4th, 5th and 6th.

Don't know what I try next

Thanks in advance

Thanks wes. If i can find it i will have a look tomorrow. I can only take the chaps word that its all good, i don't know any better. Like i said in my original post, it goes well enough the rest of the time but it doesn't seem supposedly 200HP quick.

The best advice so far is to put it back to standard and see if the fault disappears.

125,000 is still a chunk of mileage, wear and tear will be well established and as mentioned a remap puts extra strain on much of the engine and drive train which will quickly identify any weak points.

Is it manual or DSG?

• 2 weeks later...

Brief update. Remap man has been again. This time he did a rill back on the emissions update and reverted the car back to the standard map. The problem still persists!!! At a loss now 😮