Ending Kodiaq Lease 4 months early

I have found a new lease deal however I would need to take receipt by the end of March.
Any of you know the process and process to end a lase early?

Any extra charges?

I also believe I may of lost my spare key (a thorough search is required). What would be the penalty for a replacement upon pick up?

Lastly I have a few scratches and someone has left a very long key scratch on the the left side of the car. Should I get this repaired prior to return or pay the fees Skoda charge me?

Any ideas what the charges would likely to be?

3 hours ago, chris1012 said:

Any of you know the process and process to end a lase early?

Any extra charges?

You do! At least sort of. I mean you actually have a copy of your leasing agreement, which is more than the rest of us do.

You will be charged 55% of the outstanding lease payments.

I would think based on past experience its cheaper to get the repairs done by Skoda / lease company - well at least pay them the damage - they tend to let a lot go through - without payment and even if you pay the costs are cheaper than you can pay yourself normally.

As for the Key - suggest you search - or order up a replacement before it goes back - the key code can be found from your Chassis Number...

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

You will be charged 55% of the outstanding lease payments.

I would think based on past experience its cheaper to get the repairs done by Skoda / lease company - well at least pay them the damage - they tend to let a lot go through - without payment and even if you pay the costs are cheaper than you can pay yourself normally.

As for the Key - suggest you search - or order up a replacement before it goes back - the key code can be found from your Chassis Number...

Thank you for the detailed response. 

Is the 55% negotiable in any way or fixed? 

Where could I order a replacement from? 

I suspect one of my kids has thrown or placed it somewhere in the house. Will be like finding a needle in a haystack! 

The 55% is fixed by VWFS - but if you are buying a new VW Group car - maybe you can get your dealer to buy your car from VWFS at a preferential settlement figure and role it into new deal.

But they have to want your car... i.e. generally good condition and low mileage.

As for the key - a main dealer - they will need your chassis / VIN number.

Skoda (and all other reputable leasing companies) follow the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear policy for measuring damage...

https://www.bvrla.co.uk/fleet-services/fair-wear-and-tear.html

Annoyingly BVRLA try to charge you to view the booklet (I got a hard copy included with my welcome pack from Skoda Finance when I picked up my PCH), but Skoda make it available for free here...

https://www.skodafinance.co.uk/en/private_customers/faqs_and_glossary/Downloads.html

Skoda's repair charges are also included...

image.png.0b17bff88b16f108dfa1b39b48dc2555.png

image.png.51eb236438c7be2390b045e2e118338c.png

You have to pay the early charges, but these only change monthly so check date of your direct debit, it is slightly more advantageous to have end date few days before payment than just after a payment.

In most cases can then arrange a collection to suit yourselves, bit of guesswork as to how busy they are but might be about 10 days later

If you have lots of damage, worth getting a quote from a local chips away type of repair, might be less than sum of all the panels if you hand it back.

The mileage will be prorated to the maximum by multiplying by days as fraction of contract days