Error Message Appears when starting

Hi,

I am frequently getting errors when starting relating to either blind spot detection error and not available, rear driver alert error and not available. park assist error and not available.

These are then unticked in the car settings but will tick straight away and will work normally.

I do have a dashcam fitted (Nextbase 522 if I recall), it was fitted by a garage I trust etc and is connected to the blind spot detection fuse.  It has been fine for what must be 6 months and has now started happening.  

I have an L&K so the fusebox is pretty full so they did as a precaution put electrical tape around the fuse so that no rubbing could take place as the fuses are positioned in such a way that they are sat ontop of others.  As I say a full fuse box and that was the only way for it to work.

The dashcam likewise is working.

Anyone any ideas, as I really don't fancy the Skoda route....

Thanks

Paul

Could this be battery voltage level related?

Does your dashcam have a "parking" mode that draws some current when parked?

How old is your car? Just wondering how old the battery is.

Hi, thanks.

It was delivered April 2016.

Parking mode is turned off on the dashcam, it just activates for driving when the ignition is on.

It is not everytime for the error but I would say about 80% of the time.

Would my independent garage be able to see a fault log in the cars database.  

An independent garage could if they had the relevant software ie. VCDS or ODIS. I'm not sure if the likes of Carista or OBD eleven could offer the same interrogation of the modules; hopefully someone who uses one of them can answer that question.

Whilst I haven't encountered your problem, with the systems showing as unavailable and then showing up as available post engine start, it sounds power related to me. I think a lot of the systems are the car are very voltage sensitive. So hopefully a new battery could be a possible solution.

Let us know how you get on

Is it a piggyback fuse?

If so can you switch it to another ignition switched fuses and see if that fixes the issue?

I'd have to double check, but I think I piggy backed mine to the rear wiper fuse.

I had a similar problem whereby the blind spot detection and rear traffic alert would stop working when the car was put into reverse.  It was very easy to reproduce - enable one or both of the systems then as soon as reverse was selected the error stating they were unavailable would show.  This started happening with no other change to the car.  Note that both the blind spot detection and rear traffic alert use the same radar(?) sensors fitted within the rear bumper.

I got it fixed under warranty and the dealer who fixed it said that the car needed a software update.  It's been fine since then.  I was expecting one - or both - of the sensors to have failed.

Just a quick update, my local garage plugged their computer in and there was a Data Bus Error and a Rear Parking Sensor error (single sensor) which knowing computers has probably triggered the Bus Error.

They have cleared the errors for the moment so that we can see what happens.  So far it's working perfectly.

Chances are if it is a sensor then I will just pay them to fix it rather than go through Skoda and get it fixed under warranty as they don't look that expensive online and given it is an hour each way to Skoda and the fact that would want it twice the costs soon add up.