Area View Camera

Hi - My Kodiaq has the area view camera.

The camera when looking from above shows that i am next to objects (very close) but in reality I am around 300mm away..

Is everyone elses the same?

Is there anyway to adjust (shrink the car in the middle 10%?)

THANKS

The same. I guess the side mirror cameras are just adjusted so. Safety reasons maybe.

Front camera is behind the bumper bend.

But you can use tilted view or just one camera view, if accuracy needed.

Back camera is ok though.

• Thanks 1

Yes - its mainly the side - I have a tight drive - and the camera shows i am next to the gate as I pull in and out but there is a large gap... I guess its better safe... but would have prefered accurate..

At least its normal... so no need to speak with dealer..

It is - but basically you only see the front 1/3 side - you loose the back 2/3. - So you get to see front wheel.

Also front camera - shows I am tight to door (above view) - but have the same 300mm gap.

As I said - its almost like the car itself is too big on the picture.

THANKS

I've noticed occasionally the display when first appears in reverse shows a smaller blurry Kodiaq which then suddenly changes to the larger one.  I'd say the larger is default due to 'safety'...

• 5 months later...

Was just looking up as noticed the same issue with area view and was hoping to find some form of answer to make the car represent reality rather than being "safe" as means I cannot see white lines as I would expect to on smaller spaces.

My rear camera is particularly bad in area view mode. If I get the back of the picture car on the white line, in reality it's way before it. If I align the start of the tail lights (the front) then it's about spot on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lowedb said:

My rear camera is particularly bad in area view mode. If I get the back of the picture car on the white line, in reality it's way before it. If I align the start of the tail lights (the front) then it's about spot on.

This is also my gripe. I understand selecting the view you want gives a more detailed look at it but I really feel that you should be given a more accurate view to begin with. I can park fine with mirrors but seems silly that you cannot see what you would "expect" to see with area view. Maybe I will get used to it with time as trying to park with area view and camera i'm almost always out, yet mirrors I am fine.

Well, area view covers pretty well these spots you cannot see from mirrors. Not behind the car, but on the sides mostly.Very handy when manoeuvring with trailer.