Interior lights on/off automatically?

Only have my Octavia 2 days so I haven't figured this out yet. 

This morning was pretty dark and I was putting kids into the car. On my old car, interior lights would come on and light up the interior. Then they fade out automatically when I turn on engine. It was pitch black inside the Skoda this morning, is there a setting on the interior lights that I need to set them to? 

Yes, all 3 switches feel "flat" when set correctly. SWMBO new Picanto 3 has even more gizmos than my SE, like see you home lights and auto lights. 

14 hours ago, scorpio1974 said:

Brilliant, thanks. I think it's the middle setting. 

If it's in the middle then the lights should come on when the doors are opened, this is the default setting.

I think some people have had an issue with a burnt out track but this was only when they replaced the interior bulbs with LED bulbs.

I'd be checking fuses if the interior lights don't come on or else replace bulbs with LEDs if not bright enough, plenty of threads on that here.

I've had my Octavia now since new in May 2017 and this is something that I too have noticed. My problem is that I unlock the car and open the door in the morning - No interior light. I insert the key and ONLY THEN the interior light illuminates before the usual gradual fading away over time or when car is started. ???? I've always thought this a bit stupid and reading this post has now got me thinking that this is not normal after all. I take it that I've been living with a problem all along and not, as I thought that, Skoda had changed this for the twin light edition. Does it need mentioned to the dealer before the 3 years are up?             

11 minutes ago, Spitfire Stef said:

I've had my Octavia now since new in May 2017 and this is something that I too have noticed. My problem is that I unlock the car and open the door in the morning - No interior light. I insert the key and ONLY THEN the interior light illuminates before the usual gradual fading away over time or when car is started. ???? I've always thought this a bit stupid and reading this post has now got me thinking that this is not normal after all. I take it that I've been living with a problem all along and not, as I thought that, Skoda had changed this for the twin light edition. Does it need mentioned to the dealer before the 3 years are up?             

Well, in my car it was my own fault. I had it on "off" setting. But now if I leave it at "on" or the other settings, the light comes on. In fact, light comes on as soon as I unlock it.