Menorca - Any hints or tips please?

fluffmeister

I have just booked a cheap week away for the Family to Menorca. I Have never been before so does anyone have any hints or tips on "Must do" or "Must see" things whilst over there.

Going to be staying in Cala en Bosch with SWMBO and 4yr old Twins. Will be hiring a car so able to get out and about.

cheers in advance

Fluff

Hi

I don't know about Menorca I'm afraid.

This site has handy info about the rules when driving abroad in case you're not familiar. The link doesn't work directly for some reason, so: On the blue menu at the left, click on Travel Services. On the new page on the right, under Travel Services click on European Motoring Advisor. Then select Spain from the drop-down country selection.

Sorry it's a bit longwinded, but here is:

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/travelservices/countrylookup

Have a good holly wolly :)

Regards

Mo

Go and buy yourself a 'rough guide' or 'lonely planet' guide to menorca. I always buy these for my holidays and take them with me :thumbup:

Apparentely Menorca has some beautiful coves that are only accessable by boat, so if your experienced you could take a boat out for the day, pack a picnic and some snorkling gear etc.

Suggest you might like to look at www.menorca-info.com It's quite comprehensive and there's a lovely pic of your beach;)

Haven't been to the island for a couple of years but remember it being much quieter than its neighbours. It's only about 30 miles by 12 so you'll not be doing a huge mileage especially when there are over 100 sandy beaches (some only reached by boat or foot) but there are plenty of others you can reach by car.

Enjoy:thumbup:

I have just booked a cheap week away for the Family to Menorca. I Have never been before so does anyone have any hints or tips on "Must do" or "Must see" things whilst over there.

Going to be staying in Cala en Bosch with SWMBO and 4yr old Twins. Will be hiring a car so able to get out and about.

cheers in advance

Fluff

Its been a few years since we were last there but I remember a particularly good coach trip of the island which included all points of interest, SWMBO enjoyed the shops and I enjoyed some of the sights. The caves in the cliff side (with bar) were unusual "Caves of Drach" I think it was. Of the three Balearic Islands this is my favourite as it is the best for a family holiday, it being a little quieter. Enjoy! :thumbup:

If you haven't already booked the car, I swear by www.carjet.com for anywhere in Spain (we just used them on the Costa Blanca and have done in Majorca before now). BUT the rental companies are now forcing "full - empty" which is a rip-off as they charge OTT for the initial tank of fuel and (obviously) it's very difficult to return a car empty especially when you don't know how much a reading on the gauge actually means.

Hi was there several years ago, so probably changed alot and anything I could remember would be of limited use now! Went with another couple and their kids as well as our family of 4. We had a great time and kids especially loved it....anyway the point is try Trip Advisor I swear by them for all our trips now...excellent site and honest reviews from real people Have a great holiday...Here's the link...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?lc=en_US&returnTo=&where=body&SearchTeaser=%28your+destination%2C+hotel+or+attraction%29&geo=1&q=menorca&txid=16708&ssrc=r