Driver Door Wiring Loom - Which Wires Are Which?

Just had the infamous driver door wiring loom failure. Air bag warning light came on and checked the wiring loom at the door hinge and hey presto two of them are broken. Picture of the wires below.

I plan to get the loom replaced but to pass the upcoming NCT I need to do a temporary DIY job on it - luckily have access to an electrical engineer to help!

Am I right in thinking the green one is the airbag wire? From reading around I think the orange and brown wire is the CANBUS - a fault code was previously showing a CANBUS in single wire mode. The other wires just have the sheath broken but the wires are intact - plan to wrap them in electrical tape.

Also, before doing any work on this am I right in thinking I need to disconnect the battery or else the airbag could go off? Is there anything to be aware of when disconnecting the battery in terms of parts of the car needing to be re-coded into it or anything?

Skoda Superb Mk2 Wiring Driver Door Wiring Loom Broken.JPG

Edited by RubyCubes

I'm seeing two green wires in that photo, does one of them have a stripe of a different colour on it, if so what colour?

Think I've found it, both solid green but it's the thicker one that's bust? That's going to the crash sensor in the door.

Orange/brown one is CAN as you say.

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Found a broken but not separated brown wire on the airbag connector in the A pillar, not sure if i can slice it, or replace the loom. Oh and Rudycubes, the airbag system is yellow. Unless it's different on your mkII, on my mkII 1.6 mpi it's all yellow connectors and wires iirc.