Car key

Does any one kniw how much the dealer charges for a new key and to get it programed at all?

Ive lost 2 out of 3 keys. Luckey enough ive still got 1 key left.

There have been several threads on this but search does not seem to find them but from memory people have been charged anything up to £300 per key

3 hours ago, MediumDave said:

Timpson, the key cutting place, do car keys including programming them. Might be worth asking them how much they would charge. 

A few years ago my key got eaten by a mower (don't ask). Timpson's said if found the chip they could cut a key that would work. Unfortunately even after checking over the very large heap of grass with a metal detector I found only 75% of the key. I didn't find the bit with the chip ( non-metallic).

Looking at the Timpson's web site they seem to be able to provide cloned keys with chips these days. So worth asking.

Edited by CCTaylor
Updated information