Stage 1 Remap Rapid 1.2tsi

Jme89

Hi Guys, 

Had my 16 plate rapid 1.2tsi stage 1 apr remap done at awesome gti manchester recently. Made the drive much more fun. Had no issues at all. Just wondering if anyone else out there has had a remap. And any other work following that. I was maybe thinking exhaust, air filter etc etc next. 

Screenshot_20191104_141043_com.instagram.android.jpg

Remapped my 1.2 TSI to 130BHP from 86BHP.

Mines also had a cat-back 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Due to have the downpipe done this month.

No issues with it in last 6 months, and MPG isn't affected (unless you absolutely boot it).

• Like 1

On 31/01/2020 at 12:03, WolfyWesty said:

Remapped my 1.2 TSI to 130BHP from 86BHP.

Mines also had a cat-back 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Due to have the downpipe done this month.

No issues with it in last 6 months, and MPG isn't affected (unless you absolutely boot it).

How does it sound now? U have amy pics/video? Definitely want an exhaust upgrade but dont want it to sound to silly wont suit the car

On 31/01/2020 at 18:52, Stuart8 said:

Hi, I live near Rochdale, how much was your remap. I’ve got Forge induction kit on my 2015 1.2tsi Fabia and a custom twin rear exhaust.

It was £365 for apr stage 1. Claims factory is 110bhp but put out 120 on rolling

Is now 144bhp.

Top garage really helpful and friendly 

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 12:01, Jme89 said:

How does it sound now? U have amy pics/video? Definitely want an exhaust upgrade but dont want it to sound to silly wont suit the car

I don't have any videos, but can do you one this week?

It sounds sporty more than loud, which is what I wanted. It's a good quiet burble when idle and has a good throaty sound when under throttle but it doesn't pop/bang when you lift and doesn't sound like a tinny eBay special or too loud like the typical Impreza/Leon FR exhausts. Can't notice it much in the cabin unless you give it a boot full, then you can hear it through the mid resonator and from the back (especially with the rear windows down).

Not had the pleasure of giving it a proper tunnel run yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a quote for a remap for my Rapid. 

Current BHP- 90

Tuned BHP-130

Gain- 44%

Current Torque (NM) 160

Tuned Torque (NM) 215

Gain- 34%

Quoted cost £299

Not sure the Mrs would approve of the "unnecessary cost" 

22 hours ago, DJG1984 said:

Just got a quote for a remap for my Rapid. 

Current BHP- 90

Tuned BHP-130

Gain- 44%

Current Torque (NM) 160

Tuned Torque (NM) 215

Gain- 34%

Quoted cost £299

Not sure the Mrs would approve of the "unnecessary cost" 

£7.50 per HP, you won't get that cheap gains anywhere else .. it's not unnecessary at all! and if she deems so, tell her it cost £50 lol

• 1 year later...

I'm getting my Rapid remapped at last. £280 from Custom Remaps Aberdeen. 

From

90hp to 130hp

40 more 🐎🐎

160Nm to 215Nm 

55Nm Torque. 

Only taken over a year to think about it. 🤣

Just arranging the when and where. Should be a bit more lively and engaging to drive. 

• Like 1

SKODA RAPID 2015 -

1.2 TSI

66 kW / 90 PS, 160 Nm (Serie)

Leistungssteigerung
Hubraum 1197 ccm
Drehmoment 230 Nm bei 1600 U/min
Mehrleistung 30 PS / 22 kW, 70 Nm

https://www.dtintecno.de/cars/1-2-tsi-66-kw-90-ps:14659

dtintecno.de claims 120PS and 230Nm@1600rpm. This is not a recommendation as I've never used this company and they are not based in the UK. It is however a useful website for getting an idea of what power various engines can be remapped to.

Edited by Carlston

On 07/03/2021 at 13:38, DJG1984 said:

From

90hp to 130hp

40 more 🐎🐎

160Nm to 215Nm 

55Nm Torque. 

Just arranging the when and where. Should be a bit more lively and engaging to drive. 

Just need to call my insurance provider tomorrow to see what they are saying about it.. 

I got a decent quote waiting in the wings if they aren't playing ball. 

Remap is booked for Friday so got time to sort it out. 

Edited by DJG1984

On 07/03/2021 at 13:38, DJG1984 said:

From

90hp to 130hp

40 more 🐎🐎

160Nm to 215Nm 

55Nm Torque. 

Its done. It has made a considerable difference. Much smoother and pulls better. 

Also when driving economically, it delivers better mpg than previously. 

• 2 months later...
On 13/03/2021 at 12:54, DJG1984 said:

Has anyone tried superchips.co.uk or racechips.co.uk

I'm assuming these sorts of chips are relatively safe considering I have a 1.4tdi rapid? 

Thanks

Edited by Urtyboy

• 10 months later...
On 02/02/2020 at 12:03, Jme89 said:

It was £365 for apr stage 1. Claims factory is 110bhp but put out 120 on rolling

Is now 144bhp.

Top garage really helpful and friendly 

I’m buying a 1.2 tsi yeti tomorrow and I have been in touch with awesome gti about a remap, but it appears the limit is 130ish (oem+ remap). What else have you done to get above 140? I may be entirely wrong but I would think what was done to yours could be done to mine….or am I totally off the mark?

what remap did you begin with please?

For a road car, peak horsepower really isn't the issue.  What will impress you most and feel best is a big area under a torque curve that comes complete with a nice smooth line with no peaks and troughs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Schtum said:

For a road car, peak horsepower really isn't the issue.  What will impress you most and feel best is a big area under a torque curve that comes complete with a nice smooth line with no peaks and troughs. 

Well what I’ve noticed is a definite lag between pressure on the pedal and the gearbox/engine reacting (it’s a dsg).

2 hours ago, HightowerDL said:

Well what I’ve noticed is a definite lag between pressure on the pedal and the gearbox/engine reacting (it’s a dsg).

It's possible to have DSG gearboxes remapped and if you want a more direct connection between accelerator and engine response, you can fit a pedal box. 

@HightowerDL

Awesome GTI know what they are doing, and should certainly know DQ200 DSG's and the history of them.

There are other tuners / remappers that will take your money and tough luck if it costs you more than you budgeted for.

https://darksidedevelopments.co.uk/dsg-and-auto-gearbox-tuning

https://clptuning.co.uk/product/tvs-engineering-dsg-software-dq200

It is a DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG and really there need not be an issue now or even with more Torque / BHP with a remap, 

but there can be clutch slip issues.

So when saying you have a DSG it is as well to mention it is a DQ200.

There are some that have had to have uprated clutches and software and that is with the standard power and because there were some DQ200 even since 2015 and the last service campaign covering 2013-2015 having issues.

Look after that DSG but first before any software upgrade be sure it is not slipping.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/43925-the-story-of-the-famous-dq200-clutch-slip/page/15

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1