Another clean bill of health

My 2002 1.9 TDI again passed the MOT today with no problems, the inspector commenting how good the car was underneath.

170k, original clutch and exhaust which has been welding a couple of times. Doesn't need any additional oil between changes (6k with semi-synthetic). Somehow I don't think the MK3 is going to give me such service.

Sounds similar to mine.

Flew through on 170k too, I think original clutch and defo original exhaust, although slightly blowing on the flexi-pipe into the engine now but was only an advisory.

Body condition still amazing on our old 2001 mkI Octavia 1.4, no rust - unfortunately my son had a slight frontal bump which has cracked the front grill, deformed the bumper , cracked numberplate and the headlight mounts. He now has a mkIII Octavia so I don't think it's worth putting through the MOT in March so I suspect it's the end of the line for this one - shame as we've (as a family) owned from new. Until a couple of months ago this was driving up and down the motorway between Cheltenham and Yorkshire. 

Some mkI's seem fabulous for rust but I've also seen some bad ones. Probably to do with the steel source of the day when it was built.