Skoda Connect Setup for the Kamiq

Den_Cla

Spent the last week trying to activate Skoda Connect in my 2 week old Kamiq. Looks like the activation process has changed from entering a Skoda supplied 

Registration pin in the Infotainment system (Amundsen) to registering as a Primary User in the car, then using both key fobs' Unlock button to begin activation.

When I do this, after the system acknowledging the key presses, I get an 'Unable to activate - Contact Customer Services.

Customer services tell me that 'there have been a few problems with the Connect system' and to go back to the dealer. Dealer couldn't recover the situation (probably trying the

same process that I did with the keys) and suggested booking the car into the workshop - not ideal!

Obliged if anyone else recognises this issue and how they recovered it - maybe the dealer workshop is the only way????

Have you tried Skoda connect.com  website i done mine from there. The only thing i cannot do is lock and unlock the car and turn the lights on as have to register my driving licence at the dealers so they know it me 

Thanks for your reply. I signed up to the website OK and on the Connect app on my phone it recognises the car's VIN and has a message saying complete the Activation in the vehicle using your 2 key fobs.

I did this but on pressing the second key fob button the screen moved on to "Activation not complete - contact customer services message". Pretty frustrating experience really!

• Like 1

On 17/02/2020 at 12:34, Den_Cla said:

Thanks for your reply. I signed up to the website OK and on the Connect app on my phone it recognises the car's VIN and has a message saying complete the Activation in the vehicle using your 2 key fobs.

I did this but on pressing the second key fob button the screen moved on to "Activation not complete - contact customer services message". Pretty frustrating experience really!

when i used my key fobs i did not press them car sensed them

• 6 months later...

Hi I have exactly the same problem on my 70 plate Kamiq. I have been speaking to Skoda customer services who say they have referred the problem to the factory and should have an answer in 48hrs. It has now been 4 days.

The dealer does not know the fix but i have booked in with them but have to wait 11 days so i can get a courtesy car. 

I have said if they cannot resolve by the 23 rd September i want a full refund or replacement vehicle.

In the last 3 days i have also had the Connect ask for a software update which i did but next day it says it needs another update.

I will post if i get anywhere with Skoda

7F07D9A7-0C49-4D15-BF74-9F638BEE89CB.jpeg

4DA45C19-C514-4112-8495-F39A36C3CBC5.jpeg

394C3D5B-4BC4-46B3-B5F5-8ED55BBC0D8B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2020 at 19:58, Oggie54 said:

Hi I have exactly the same problem on my 70 plate Kamiq. I have been speaking to Skoda customer services who say they have referred the problem to the factory and should have an answer in 48hrs. It has now been 4 days.

The dealer does not know the fix but i have booked in with them but have to wait 11 days so i can get a courtesy car. 

I have said if they cannot resolve by the 23 rd September i want a full refund or replacement vehicle.

In the last 3 days i have also had the Connect ask for a software update which i did but next day it says it needs another update.

I will post if i get anywhere with Skoda

7F07D9A7-0C49-4D15-BF74-9F638BEE89CB.jpeg

4DA45C19-C514-4112-8495-F39A36C3CBC5.jpeg

394C3D5B-4BC4-46B3-B5F5-8ED55BBC0D8B.jpeg

Good luck, keep us updated!

29 minutes ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

Good luck, keep us updated!

Problem now resolved

Ot took 2 software updates (I suspect it was actually firmware updates) to resolve the problem.

Took far to

long to resolve, 3 weeks

Just now, Oggie54 said:

Problem now resolved

Ot took 2 software updates (I suspect it was actually firmware updates) to resolve the problem.

Took far to

long to resolve, 3 weeks

Oh wow, three weeks?! Defiantly too long! Glad it was software/firmware related not the actual device itself!

4 hours ago, Oggie54 said:

Problem now resolved

Took far to

long to resolve, 3 weeks

updates only download when you are in the car with the ignition on. could take an hour or even more so if you are in the car for 5 min a day takes ages

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't connect to "Connect". Have followed all of the instructions perfectly but still nothing. This is sold as a benefit of a new Skoda so not working could be grounds for returning the vehicle as unfit for purpose.

Also, I ordered the winter pack and just realised that it's not fitted. Another reason to return as unfit for purpose.

After 4 very happy years with my Citigo, I am truly disappointed despite the Kamiq being otherwise a good vehicle.

1 hour ago, RodTucker said:

Still can't connect to "Connect". Have followed all of the instructions perfectly but still nothing. This is sold as a benefit of a new Skoda so not working could be grounds for returning the vehicle as unfit for purpose.

Also, I ordered the winter pack and just realised that it's not fitted. Another reason to return as unfit for purpose.

After 4 very happy years with my Citigo, I am truly disappointed despite the Kamiq being otherwise a good vehicle.

Do your apps work on your phone like My Skoda and Skoda connect as in the car it does not tell you you are connected

No. Can't log in with either now. I was able to access Skoda Connect on my mobile but now it rejects my password and won't send me a reset code.

Very very frustrating!

6 hours ago, RodTucker said:

No. Can't log in with either now. I was able to access Skoda Connect on my mobile but now it rejects my password and won't send me a reset code.

Very very frustrating!

Go on your computer to reset. On your informant do you get a white world at the very top if so you are connected 

• 4 months later...

I am having the same experience with my one week old Kamiq SEL. I have wasted hours trying to make this work, but get only as far as detecting the keys. Then ...

8665DED8-4BB8-419A-8AAB-E8176E24E714.jpeg

• Like 1

It's now MySkoda App and to work fully your supplying dealer (or any other Skoda dealer)  needs sight of your photo driving licence plus one other proof of your address, then sets you up on their IT. Did mine only a fortnight ago and all was fully operational within 24 hours

Would have been nice if my dealer had bothered to mention this as I keep trying what I originally had. That's several hours of sitting in a cold car waiting for something to happen. Not great service.

Also MySkoda App will not download on my iPhone 8. If they are going to use this thing as part of the sales pitch it would be nice if it worked.

Media keeps failing because the USB-C is too flimsy for in-car use. Nav is hopeless in some respects - I set position when I was stationary at a place I wanted to record but when I try to go there it tells me I've arrived about a mile before I get there. Why not also have a simple postcode finder like Garmin/TomTom, both of which are much easier.

Why does the digital dashboard keep changing views without my telling it to?

Should have stuck with my basic but efficient Citigo.

2 hours ago, RodTucker said:

Also MySkoda App will not download on my iPhone 8. If they are going to use this thing as part of the sales pitch it would be nice if it worked.

Media keeps failing because the USB-C is too flimsy for in-car use. Nav is hopeless in some respects - I set position when I was stationary at a place I wanted to record but when I try to go there it tells me I've arrived about a mile before I get there. Why not also have a simple postcode finder like Garmin/TomTom, both of which are much easier.

Why does the digital dashboard keep changing views without my telling it to?

Should have stuck with my basic but efficient Citigo.

You can put a postcode in. On homepage with circles top left press top symbol place symbol and person then just type postcode. Usb-c use a usb-c to USB lead or use wireless using Apple carplay. Changing views could be pressing the view button on the steering wheel accidentally if you rest your hand near  the view button. My iPhone 8 has downloaded the app but that was before they updated it 

Edited by skoda1982

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2020 at 18:21, Den_Cla said:

Spent the last week trying to activate Skoda Connect in my 2 week old Kamiq. Looks like the activation process has changed from entering a Skoda supplied 

Registration pin in the Infotainment system (Amundsen) to registering as a Primary User in the car, then using both key fobs' Unlock button to begin activation.

When I do this, after the system acknowledging the key presses, I get an 'Unable to activate - Contact Customer Services.

Customer services tell me that 'there have been a few problems with the Connect system' and to go back to the dealer. Dealer couldn't recover the situation (probably trying the

same process that I did with the keys) and suggested booking the car into the workshop - not ideal!

Obliged if anyone else recognises this issue and how they recovered it - maybe the dealer workshop is the only way????

I had the same problem and booked it into the dealership, I was so embarrassed when I found out I did not put my date of birth in the myskoda app and it worked straight away.

Hi Kris, i had exactly the same problem on my Kamiq purchased back in September. I was. Following the instructions and contacted customer service.

to cut a long story short, the fix was an upgrade on the infotainment system. A previous upgrade and a rest failed to cure.

book it into you local dealer its a 20 min job

• Like 1

After several bring hours sitting in the Kamiq with no success, I have finally booked it in to the dealer.

I hope this works because the electronic stuff on this car is driving me potty. Dangerous lane assist. Satnav that moves my saved favourites about. Voice activation - very limited, may just as well use the buttons. Won't always connect to phone. Eco can't make it's mind up whether to work or not. 

If it weren't for the need to have an automatic due to medical issues, I would prefer to have my basic Citigo back.

I love the kamiq and all the functionality. I have set up the wife's profile so when she driving it goes to the virtual dash she likes temperature she last used and the radio station,  I have it set for me only have to touch the name driver and pin

29 minutes ago, Kris20 said:

I love the kamiq and all the functionality. I have set up the wife's profile so when she driving it goes to the virtual dash she likes temperature she last used and the radio station,  I have it set for me only have to touch the name driver and pin

if only I could get it set up for me. :(

I see everyone talking about skoda conect but I had to register at the skoda portal first then give skoda conect and skoda light permissions before I could get all functions to lock doors open windows and play the badge game you earn while driving.