DSG Won't come out of park

I have a 2010 Octavia hatch. Today for the first time the gearbox wouldn't come out of park.

The car starts fine, when depressing the pedal the green light goes out on the dash as normal, but the selector won't move.

Interestingly, when pressing the button on the gear selector there is a clicking noise I can hear coming from the steering column.

I have checked fuses that look to be related but they're all fine. And I've trawled google and this forum for a while and can't find the answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks. I've read through that thread, and cleaned and checked all fuses, which hasn't resolved it.

I have removed the steering column surround to get a better idea of where the clicking noise is coming from, and it's coming from the ignition barrel.

I suspect the issue is with this, though I'm not sure what part exactly.

I’ve not checked with a multimeter yet no.

I have taken the steering column surround off, the noise is coming from the ignition barrel. Which makes sense, as there is obviously a connection between the two operationally.

So I had to use the emergency release to do a 50 mile journey, and since then it has just worked as normal.

Not sure if it's going to be an intermittent problem, or the long drive has cleared it for some reason.