Sportline - heated steering

Phasio

3 hours ago, Phasio said:

Hi all, Ive considered getting heated steering but apparently its at the cost of the sport steering wheel. Is it worth it? Any input is appreciated!

Never had it before. We wouldn’t have a car without it now. Your mileage may vary. 

4 hours ago, Phasio said:

Hi all, Ive considered getting heated steering but apparently its at the cost of the sport steering wheel. Is it worth it? Any input is appreciated!

I had an Opel Zafira rental car in Germany last month. It was cold, really cold.

The heated seats were a must, the heated steering wheel was a nice-to-have.

It all depends on how much you value warm hands versus the improved ergonomics of a flat-bottomed steering wheel.

Personally I'd probably forgo the heated wheel, especially if it was £270 GBP.

The heated windscreen however, £330 GBP very well spent.

10 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Never felt the need for a heated steering wheel but if I did, a pair of £5 gloves is cheaper.

I suspect you also own a coat, but doubt that stops you preferring to use the cabin heater. 

I went for years thinking that heated seats were an unnecessary luxury, but now that I have them I really appreciate using them and wouldn’t really want to be without them. 

Not had my Kodiaq long, but the heated steering wheel is very nice for chilly mornings especially if you've had to scrape the side windows a bit. I wouldn't have it as a 'must' though, whereas a heated windscreen is a total must for any car I have. I don't have it on my works vehicle and it's such a PITA scraping and waiting aggggeeeesssss for the inside to clear even with A/C.

Where i can buy a heated steering wheel? I live in switzerland in the mountains,and i missed that detail when i bought my car😔.

It would be good to have something like that for the rough winters that we have here.

Peace .

Regards.

5 hours ago, kor said:

Where i can buy a heated steering wheel? I live in switzerland in the mountains,and i missed that detail when i bought my car😔.

It would be good to have something like that for the rough winters that we have here.

Peace .

Regards.

I decided against as not to lose the sport steering wheel. Im sure sommething can get retrofitted powered by the outlet.

1 hour ago, Phasio said:

I decided against as not to lose the sport steering wheel. Im sure sommething can get retrofitted powered by the outlet.

We cant have steering wheel heated if we have the sport wheel?😲

26 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

😂

Screenshot_20200308-080612_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d5b12f72b0d762d978026cf6ed227928.jpg

😅😅

8 minutes ago, kor said:

We cant have steering wheel heated if we have the sport wheel?😲

😅😅

Skoda Denmark told me that the sport wheel cant have built in heating. I can order to, but then Id get the default wheel which I dont.

50 minutes ago, Phasio said:

Skoda Denmark told me that the sport wheel cant have built in heating. I can order to, but then Id get the default wheel which I dont.

Dont know about Skoda Denmark. I have Sportline and heated sport steering wheel. I know while ago (3 years, when first Kodiaq’s came) it was not available with sport steering wheel, but now for sure it is now. Ofcourse could be only with Sportline package, but if they making it, then the part number must exist...

21 minutes ago, M8DSwordfish said:

Dont know about Skoda Denmark. I have Sportline and heated sport steering wheel. I know while ago (3 years, when first Kodiaq’s came) it was not available with sport steering wheel, but now for sure it is now. Ofcourse could be only with Sportline package, but if they making it, then the part number must exist...

Thats great, and you also have the curved/flat bottom wheel? Maybe its just not available here.

26 minutes ago, M8DSwordfish said:

So that mean,thats possible.

There is anyone who knows the price if we want to get one?