Changing the Convenience module

Hi,

I would like some advice about my convenience module. I would like to upgrade it to a better model, so I can possibly have cruise control and front fog lights etc. How easy is it to replace? Does it have to be replaced by the dealer or can I replace it?

I've heard of VCDS, can that be used to reprogram the new one with the car details? Is the immobiliser details for the keys stored in the convenience unit?

14 minutes ago, Johnfc2017 said:

Hi,

I would like some advice about my convenience module. I would like to upgrade it to a better model, so I can possibly have cruise control and front fog lights etc. How easy is it to replace? Does it have to be replaced by the dealer or can I replace it?

I've heard of VCDS, can that be used to reprogram the new one with the car details? Is the immobiliser details for the keys stored in the convenience unit?

Well, I think you'd need a new headlight switch, fog lights and a cruise control stalk and loom, but not to change the convenience module.

You may want to look at this web page. While this is on a Polo, I believe that this is the same issue. You probably need to know which unit you have and which are required for the additional features you are looking for.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/169586-vw-polo-diy-upgrading-bcm-body-control-module.html

• Thanks 1

I was expecting to find a low end convenience module that wouldn't support cruise control or front fog lights because Skoda is renowned for not installing anything that doesn't come with the car, instead I found a 973-087, looked inside and it is pristine.

So I don't need to change it after all. I was worried it might have corroded, which might have been the cause of a problem I have on a different thread, but it turns out not the case, and I can happily upgrade the car's features whenever I want to try to work out how to shove the necessary wires into the A or B connector or the ECU connector as necessary in the future.