Recently I took my skoda octavia mk3 for key programming after my old key stopped working. I used authorised Skoda garage in London and they did their programming on spot. Both of my keys worked just fine. But on my way home I noticed that cruise control, driver assistant and driving mode selection stopped working or wasn't available anymore. I have a date set up with them to have a look at the issue which is in 3 weeks, but they keep saying those issues have nothing to do with the coding. Would any experience engineer be able to assist to explain to me how all this can happen the same time and most importantly what could be the issue? Are those three functionalities related?

IMG_3327.jpg

Yes, as Sasha says your garage have inadvertently disabled some of the features when they coded the keys. Quite frankly they should be bending over backwards to get the car back in and sorted at a minimum of inconvenience to you. In your position I would ask to speak to the aftersales manager to get it sorted, and if that doesn’t get a satisfactory outcome go to Skoda Customer Services.

1 hour ago, OndrejDr said:

thanks Sasha, so it could be something the garage overlooked right? They are saying all those three features are related issues and problems could be elsewhere... 

They are related, they forgot the last step of the job, unless there is some sort of terrible coincidence it’s just a matter of completing the job properly. I wouldn’t wait 3 weeks, make them sort it ASAP, will take about 15 mins.