Yeti Water in Wheel Centres

Lincol

Hi Guys, Just had the rear wheels off on my 2.0 4x4 and had the usual cold welded alloy to steel problem, however what concerned me was the amount of water that appeared to be trapped behind the centre of the wheel decal badge. There was quite a bit in both wheels and has certainly caused the centre bolt head to rust quite a lot. 

Anyone else experienced this and what's the cure, thought about removing decals and refitting with bit of silicone sealant. ? 

Never had water behind there, the only thing I can think of doing that is a pressure washer.
What do you mean by the centre bolt head?
I do grease the ridge on the hub that supports the wheel and a little on the wheel hub that sits on it.

As soon as you start moving any water trapped by the wheel centre badges will be flung out.
And I presume you mean the central hib nut? Yes they do rust slightly; it is perfectly normal.

Hi Guys, Thanks for responses, Never use pressure washers, and to be honest the vehicle is used regularly despite the monsoon season recently experienced, so appears trapped. 

Actually reluctant to silicone around badges as tyre balancing requires removing them, which might be then difficult. 

Guess I will live with it? 

I really do think you are overthinking this. The centre caps hold very little water and it will come out within minutes of you moving.
Stop worrying about it and just drive it.