latest Amunsden question to owners

Recently bought a car and told the navigation pack would show speed limits for the roads I am using, without needing TSR. I can't see any signs and wonder if I was misinformed or just being a noob and unable to find the setting. Your comments would be appreciated before I make contact with the dealer..

Thanks!

I have an Amundsen MIB1 and do not have TSR, the speed limits are shown when the maps have the speed limit data for the road that you are on.

So I would start by checking what maps you currently have, the latest ones are for 2020.

• Thanks 1

As above my amundsen mib1 shows the speed limits, but only after I updated the maps. The original 2012/13 maps didn't have the speed limits. 

Edited by caprixpack
  • Like 1

I've got the Amundsen in my Toledo circa 2013-2014 model fitted and still with the original maps, V5. It's always shown the speed limits and handy if I don't know the area I'm in and sometimes the signs are a bit sparse, I stick the sat nav map on.

Which brings me around to, those speed limits must have changed over 6 years 😁 I must get an update.

I've no original SD card, never got one with the car. Seen the map updates on our favourite auction site, I reckon mine is the RNS315 and I see only one listed on there. Are these ok, I see it says V9 which after reading various threads that is the most up-to-date stable offering?

Anywhere else to try for the map update, apart from the dealer?

Alright chaps, had a look again today and whilst waiting for the car to think about a software download, I got bored and looked through the settings on the navigation screen. Turns out the line I thought was an inactive TSR (traffic signs), was active and the box wasn't checked to enable the signs on my navigation screen 😑. Simply a schoolboy error in the end. Mick, I don't have a clue regarding your situation I'm afraid mate, but I agree it would be a good idea to get an update if you can 👍