Factory closing.

14 hours ago, stephenlumley said:

Nothing happening here. Its 16 weeks since mine was ordered and I still don't have a build week or delivery estimate. Dealer has promised to let me know when the 'system' updates.

Most annoying for me is that I am still paying BIK on my Pasatt at 30 something % and not 10% when I get my iV. I have extended the lease on the VW till mid August but not confident I will even have it by then.

Can the dealer not give you a loan car to use so you don't have to pay BIK?

On 05/06/2020 at 08:56, SurreyJohn said:

You can manage with one car now, but need to have 2 cars to go on holiday ?

We generally drive down into France or Switzerland and as the wife's Mokka isn't big enough for everything she wants to take we have a Superb for the space 🙂

Ever know a woman who could pack light?

23 hours ago, defiant said:

On the plus side the dealer is giving me a loan car for the duration starting from when my car would have arrived, pre covid ****ing everything up, till it eventually arrives..

Would be nice although I don't really need one - mine was due to be delivered 24th April, still waiting for a confirmed date.  Business sales (it is a personal lease) man isn't back at work yet.

21 hours ago, stephenlumley said:

Nothing happening here. Its 16 weeks since mine was ordered and I still don't have a build week or delivery estimate. Dealer has promised to let me know when the 'system' updates.

Most annoying for me is that I am still paying BIK on my Pasatt at 30 something % and not 10% when I get my iV. I have extended the lease on the VW till mid August but not confident I will even have it by then.

If you are not going anywhere can't you tell the HMRC it isn't being used for personal travel, doesn't the tax then cease to be payable.

10 minutes ago, IJWS15 said:

Would be nice although I don't really need one - mine was due to be delivered 24th April, still waiting for a confirmed date.  Business sales (it is a personal lease) man isn't back at work yet.

We kinda need it as I sold my Golf R32 the day before the New Zealand lock down happened. We survived a couple of weeks without a car but it was getting old quick walking to the supermarket, so I borrowed a mates car for a month but his partner needed it back, now that we're out of lock down and she can go to work again.

So I'm just renting a cheap car atm till June 29th which is when the dealer will provide me with the loan car.

That and we have a 3 year old daughter who goes to preschool, it's about a 15 minute walk but partially up hill and being winter the weather has been pretty crap of late, so being able to transport her in the car is great!

It helps that there's a few of us in the same boat, it's slightly annoying but given the world circumstances I can't complain. I'd rather a company put their employees above consumers tbh.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, defiant said:

We kinda need it as I sold my Golf R32 the day before the New Zealand lock down happened. We survived a couple of weeks without a car but it was getting old quick walking to the supermarket, so I borrowed a mates car for a month but his partner needed it back, now that we're out of lock down and she can go to work again.

So I'm just renting a cheap car atm till June 29th which is when the dealer will provide me with the loan car.

That and we have a 3 year old daughter who goes to preschool, it's about a 15 minute walk but partially up hill and being winter the weather has been pretty crap of late, so being able to transport her in the car is great!

It helps that there's a few of us in the same boat, it's slightly annoying but given the world circumstances I can't complain. I'd rather a company put their employees above consumers tbh.

Will be really interested in what you think of the NVH in the Superb compared to the R32 Have you gone for a diesel ? My R32 has about 260ks on it I'm hoping I can eake it out to 300 before calling time

Hopefully be like riding on a boat compared to the R32, mine only had 107k km's

Went for the Sportline 2.0 TSI 200kW

1 minute ago, defiant said:

Hopefully be like riding on a boat compared to the R32, mine only had 107k km's

Went for the Sportline 2.0 TSI 200kW

😀 Good man. Still interested in how you think they compare. Obviously very different cars with different purposes but there can't be many of us making the switch (eventually unless Skoda spoil the design of the next one, and I mean the simple good things like storing parcel shelf under boot etc) 

Just now, MiniEggs said:

😀 Good man. Still interested in how you think they compare. Obviously very different cars with different purposes but there can't be many of us making the switch (eventually unless Skoda spoil the design of the next one, and I mean the simple good things like storing parcel shelf under boot etc) 

The reason for the switch is our 3yo daughter, with pram and associated things in tow the boot space in the r32 wasn't enough. That and when my parents come stay with us they bring 4 suitcases between them.

For whatever reason VW NZ stopped selling station wagons in NZ, but Skoda still do (they're run by the same group), so I was originally going to go for the Passat. Can't bring myself to own and drive an SUV, especially around Wellington.

5 minutes ago, defiant said:

The reason for the switch is our 3yo daughter, with pram and associated things in tow the boot space in the r32 wasn't enough. That and when my parents come stay with us they bring 4 suitcases between them.

For whatever reason VW NZ stopped selling station wagons in NZ, but Skoda still do (they're run by the same group), so I was originally going to go for the Passat. Can't bring myself to own and drive an SUV, especially around Wellington.

So it was a case of go big or go home 🤣

I'm sure the Passat is a great car and I have driven a couple for short periods but there is just something about them that makes be loose the will to live

The latest Superb is a good looking car, much better than previous ones and you get lots of good stuff over the Passat for less money, XDS for free, more real leg room, parcel shelf under boot floor, luggage net to roof if you spec it at factory, cooled seats if you have leather and zest for life intact !

10 hours ago, MiniEggs said:

So it was a case of go big or go home 🤣

I'm sure the Passat is a great car and I have driven a couple for short periods but there is just something about them that makes be loose the will to live

The latest Superb is a good looking car, much better than previous ones and you get lots of good stuff over the Passat for less money, XDS for free, more real leg room, parcel shelf under boot floor, luggage net to roof if you spec it at factory, cooled seats if you have leather and zest for life intact !

Yeah, exactly!

I know what you mean, I'm glad that they stopped selling the passat here as the Superb looks and feels so much better imo

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was ordered Jan 20th, accepted by the factory mid Feb.

Just had confirmation of build week now scheduled for week 35 (August 24th), and dealer then saying delivery in September.

Lucky I ordered in January when my current lease car was going back in October.....talk about cutting it fine...and I've been pretty narky about the whole thing coming close to cancelling as concrete information was harder to get than finding rocking horse droppings!

Just to update my situation. My iV was ordered end Feb. At the start of July my dealer gave me a build week 33 (mid August). Thought I would double check this with Skoda live chat today and they confirmed build week starting 10th August. So prob get the car end of September as can take 4-6 weeks to get to the dealer!!!

• Like 1