Overheating

Looking for any info before getting it towed to the stealership.

2016, 162TSI, 92km, Out of warranty.

The dash came up with an overheating warning recently, thankfully only a few hundred metres from home. Fans went into overdrive and sounded like it was about to take off.

Fault scan came up with nothing too obvious, though they can be a bit obscure at times.

Removed undertray and couldnt not see any leakage or signs of.

The very bizzare thing now is - many, many hours later, the coolant temp at 'engine outlet' is reading maximum @ 120deg-C

While the coolant temp at 'radiator outlet' is reading @ 28deg-C

Water pump?

Water pump temp sensor? Is this housed within the water pump or near? I cant see it?

Any advice appreciated.

• Sad 1

Stuck thermostat

OR

The water pump impellers are plastic. It could have sheared off or self destructed inside the housing.

Either highly possible

Here's why labor is so expensive for this ...

Metal aftermarket options 

Edited by digifish
  • Like 1

Had the same a few months ago on my 18 month old 2L Diesel. temperature light came on in the middle of the M1 roadworks between 13 and 16. Managed to get off the motorway and was told by AA that this is a know fault with the impeller coming off the drive dog. He ran the engine and kept tapping the pump. i actually heard a clonk and the temperature started dropping immediately.  Skoda Bedford were great as a warranty issue and hired a car for me while it was repaired ( new pump) .

I wonder if yours is the same?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had my "coolant regulator" pump replaced as pictured above.

It was leaking - common fault - new improved part available - cost me £610

As mentioned just now, here