Xenon head lamp restoration.

What started out as a simple lens replacement turned out to be a big 2dayjob. Below are the problems being addressed.

1. The glases are faded out and need replacement, have a replacement set in hand so no problems here.

2. Opened the rear cover and found that the whole wiring harness insulations had cracked and needs to be reworked or replaced. Not decided what to do next.

3. Xenon lens reflectors had melted out. Have a roll of high temp aluminium tape which I am planning to cover the damaged area with but not sure it is the right decision.

4. On the Head light level motor what looks like a plastic stopper had broken off. Logically it should be fine without the stopper.

I will try to document whatever possible here, meanwhile anyone travelled in this route plz share your experience. Mainly would like to know if there is any Bolt-on D2S lens kit for the melted reflectors.

• Like 1

It was not Octavia, but I did it on my Seat Alhambra few years ago. I totally rebuilt the halogen light to xenon, since mine xenon headlamp was a little bit broken and I needed to change the front glass, too. I don't know how it goes in India, but in Slovakia/Czech Republic there are few companies which sell/repair various kinds of lights, not only xenon. They are able to provide the restored reflectors and other parts. They use the vacuum coating technology. I drove the car for almost 2 years with those reflectors and I couldn't see the wear, so I think the technique works. I think the tape is not very good idea.