ATD engine loom plug t14a

Hello all 

I am currently trying to irn out some of my electrical issues after putting an atd into my skoda pickup the only gauge I have working is my fuel gauge (all gauges worked in the fabia before I stripped it) I was tracing the wire from the speedo drive and it goes to a 14 pin plug problem is the female plug that I have it connected to doesn't have the right wires coming back out of it so am wondering if I have either plugged it into the wrong plug(can't find another 14 pin plug to connect it to) or there should be something plugged in between which I've missed any help would be much appreciated thanks

IMG_20200331_125104.jpg

IMG_20200331_125109.jpg

IMG_20200331_125117.jpg

The engine is from a 2005 car. Don't have a diagram for the pickup. But I am using the atd clocks and wiring. Kinda seems like I may have cut the plug that I need off by accident will need to raid through my box of bits to see if i can find it, kinda hoping i haven't though. A pic of the 14 pin connected to whatever it should be would help me find where I have gone wrong

A 2005 car will use the ABS module and its interpretation of the wheel speed sensors instead of a sensor in the gearbox for the odo/speedo input. If you have what looks like a sensor in the gearbox, it's probably a dummy. Unplug the loom connector from it and you may see that there are no electrics in the dummy.

Edited by Wino

Have had a look today and the speedo drive is indeed a dummy. With the other gauges rpm and coolant temp also get the oil light flashing aswell although have checked the oil pressure and its fine. When I have my torque obd reader on its picking up the rpm and coolant temp fine just not showing on dials in the car any ideas? 

RPM and coolant temp will be communicated from engine ECU to cluster circuit board by CAN data I think. Oil pressure switch is a direct connection to/from the cluster AFAIRemember.

How much of the Fabia stuff is now in the Pick Up? Finding it slightly hard to know what I'm dealing with here.  The Onboard Supply Control Unit from above the accelerator pedal in a Fabia is the heart of the CAN stuff, has that migrated?

On the interior loom from the fabia I have removed all the door wiring interior fan wiring basically all the convince things and on engine bay loom I've removed abs electric steering headlights. Is this the box you are on about IMG_20200402_173401.thumb.jpg.bc53708232c67f21d3bd08a012a0e00c.jpg

This is most of the interior wiring from the fabia fuse box etc still need to hide it (centre console hopefully do the trick) IMG_20200402_173420.thumb.jpg.edaf6f88a6c0d2c406cde6a564ec6afc.jpg

If there's a signal from the ecu for rpm and coolant surely there should be something at the dials? 

I can take more pictures of anything that might be of help