fault code reader

good afternoon ,I have got a Octavia 1.6td greenline on a 15 plate. I'm thinking of purchasing a fault code reader, just in case of any issues, I have seen one a streetwise OBD11, not sure if its any good, or could some one point me in the direction of any others. I don't want to spend a fortune really. 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks

A basic fault code reader can be bought fairly cheap and will check basic fault codes and clear in some cases.

An OBDeleven without the pro pack will do a little bit more but for the ability to do coding changes etc the the pro pack comes in handy. 

(Other similar devices are available)

If you want to go full on, a VCDS Vagcom cable will sort you out but will cost considerably more.

21 hours ago, shaunc07 said:

good afternoon ,I have got a Octavia 1.6td greenline on a 15 plate. I'm thinking of purchasing a fault code reader, just in case of any issues, I have seen one a streetwise OBD11, not sure if its any good, or could some one point me in the direction of any others. I don't want to spend a fortune really. 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks

I have been using OBD11 for long time now. I am quite happy with it. You can do coding, have the diagnostic report sent to your email address and so and so on. I recommend this one for you.