Sportline Black trim chrome exhaust trim???

Had my new race blue Kodiaq for 1 week now and love it, but 1 thing is bugging me a bit all the Sportline trim goodies are black or body coloured bar the silver chrome trim on back bumper around exhaust, think it’s a bit odd so can get a roll of gloss black vinyl for not a lot of coins and am considering wrapping the trim, would rather remove it to do in a warm clean environment and for trimming the vinyl after figment but unsure how it is fitted , will have a look at weekend but has anyone had experience of doing it or know how to remove it and if so any pics, TIA 

did look at the Škoda exterior repair book that is available on here and it’s not shown!

Enjoy.

I may have walked past your blue one in a supermarket car park yesterday.

And I walked past another 20 plate blue Sportline today parked in a nearby street.

Like rabbits these blue ones.

But Red ones are definitely faster 😀

12 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Enjoy.

I may have walked past your blue one in a supermarket car park yesterday.

And I walked past another 20 plate blue Sportline today parked in a nearby street.

Like rabbits these blue ones.

But Red ones are definitely faster 😀

Of course it will be, it’s always  been Go Faster Red! Was at Tesco  Polmont on Monday  11am ish and live not to far away from there so yip possibly me and mine! Use to have a Business Grey Kodiaq Edition, Wife runs a Moon white Karoq Scout!

59 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Just do it with Plastidip and masking tape rather than a vinyl wrap, you won't need to remove it then...

Wow that looks quite easy and I must say a little bit scary spraying on to a new car, but it did peel off and clean easily, not sure if it’s just the video but the black looks a bit matte or satin finish not the gloss black finish like a lot of the Sportline trim, will hopefully get a better look this weekend and see what I can do!  Thanks for posting this vid, plenty food for thought!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anybody done this to their chrome exhaust trims and do they have photos? 

I would love to try it on my karoq sportline.

4 minutes ago, Viperdt said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anybody done this to their chrome exhaust trims and do they have photos? 

I would love to try it on my karoq sportline.

Sasha Grace removed her chrome Octavia estate Vrs exhaust tips had them coated/sprayed but the real one near the only exhaust tip melted the paint so you have to be careful that heat resistant paint/powder coating is used otherwise you will doing the job twice. You can check out Sasha's excellent thread for more details on this and other mods including head unit and virtual cockpit upgrades.:thumbup:

Thanks for the reply. Luckily the chrome exhaust strip on the karoq sportline is completely fake as the exhaust is underneath so I should think plastidip would work well 👍 

I just can't understand why the sportline trim has everything in black and they then leave a massive chrome bit at the back

2 minutes ago, Viperdt said:

Thanks for the reply. Luckily the chrome exhaust strip on the karoq sportline is completely fake as the exhaust is underneath so I should think plastidip would work well 👍 

I just can't understand why the sportline trim has everything in black and they then leave a massive chrome bit at the back

I quite like the chrome exhaust tips on my Superb because the black factory tips on my special edition Octavia Vrs245 always looked dirty. Worth bearing in mind.:doh: