Painting brake calipers

Hello friends, whats your toughts about painting brake calipers on mk1 Superb?

My Superb is dark(mouse) grey, and I cant decide what colour would be perfect match with it.

Also, are there(on the market) option to upgrade rear brake calipers?

• 1 month later...

The effort depends on the rims you are using. Probably only worth it if you can at least see the calipers. A caliper strip down is always a good thing though. I have painted brake calipers in the same green colour as the green in the Skoda emblem. It looks good as its rare and not too boy racer, but if you like red, then fine.  I got a good result with smooth Hammerite in green and did a full strip down, and replaced all the seals at the same time. I used a fine brush to paint as Hammerite will disperse and it covers well. But dont try to put too much on at one go or it will run. Two coats covers well and lasts. The paint will go a little soft at first, but it becomes as hard as enamel when the calipers get hot and then cool off. I did my clio MK1 calipers in Gold Hammerite. That looked good. You can also pre cure them in the oven (if the Mrs is out).