Heater Troubles

Hi, hoping someone can please assist  - my heater takes ages to start sending through warm air. The blower itself is fine and once the heat comes it works fine, just the weird delay. Checked and couldn't find any silica bag (despite the reservoir noting 'Mit Silikat') , no coolant loss and car temperature is fine. Doesn't quite fit the symptoms of a heater control valve or thermostat issue. Any thoughts greatly appreciated - heading toward winter here. Hope the lock down is treating you well.   

My TSI's Coolant Check Valve failed in similar circumstances.  The only clue was the heat arriving later than expected into the car.  This undoubtedly caused the ultimate demise of my turbo, and became a rather expensive fix.

Gaz 

EDIT: Found my old thread:

Edited by IamGaz

2 hours ago, IamGaz said:

My TSI's Coolant Check Valve failed in similar circumstances.  The only clue was the heat arriving later than expected into the car.  This undoubtedly caused the ultimate demise of my turbo, and became a rather expensive fix.

Gaz 

EDIT: Found my old thread:

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for the heads-up. Was hoping for something much less interesting and serious than that but reading through it makes sense. Will get the car home after work and make some inquiries. Andy

18 hours ago, savvy5 said:

Out of interest, is the check valve the same as the Coolant Shut-Off Valve (N82) please?

Can't help with that, sorry.  I moved the vRS on last May, and all the paperwork with it.

Here's hoping yours is indeed not as 'interesting' as mine was.  But in any case at least you've a fighting chance of resolving it before anything interesting happens.

Gaz