Performance cam - Fabia mk1

Hello guys! As my first post on this forum I want to ask a fun question. Has anyone ever managed to put a performance cam in an old Fabia 1.2 HTP? Which cam and what was the experience?

Note: I already know the 1.2 htp is a small engine and you're better off with a big Audi, BMW or something like that for performance, but this is just a fun question, so don't take it too seriously!

I seriously doubt such a thing exists, you could get one made but it would be absurdly expensive and you'd be unable to remap the ECU because it's not programmable so you'd probably end up losing power unless you fitted a piggyback unit.

All this would cost about a grand and give you a spectacularly pathetic increase in power and torque.

It's a terrible engine from a performance viewpoint why would anyone bother?

13 minutes ago, Ghost_beer said:

Really? So it's not possible to remap the ECU?

No, the Siemens and Marelli units fitted to the smaller engined cars are not programmable, only the Bosch units on the big diesels and the 2.0 petrol can be remapped.

39 minutes ago, Ghost_beer said:

I see... Awesome knowledge man! It's not possible with a tuning box either?

As I mentioned earlier a piggyback ECU has to be used which is also expensive, I don't know what you mean by 'tuning box', it sounds like made-up ebay marketing nonsense to me.

For very little you could buy a running Mk4 Golf,Ibiza, Leon with a 2.0 or 1.8 in it ! Breakers will have the likes of these ! 

Transplant the engine - at least you have known good running gear and brakes and stuff !

A 2 litre Fabia petrol is a great tool - what about just getting one !!

Good point! Would probably be doing that if I was actually doing it! :)  But it would be a fun experiment if someone took a tiny engine and tried to make it as powerful as possible. A VRS is really good too I've heard! Would probably be a monster if you mapped it.