Black grill from eBay?

Hi all,

So I have a black mk3 Octavia and have sprayed the chrome grill with black plastidip which worked well. It's now a year old and starting to lift in places and looks naff. 

Has anyone tried a black grill from eBay? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153159286629

Much cheaper than super Skoda but I don't want to break my old chrome one out if the eBay item doesn't fit. 

I guess you get what you pay for from super Skoda thoughts?

Thanks

4 hours ago, SkodaKing said:

Hi all,

So I have a black mk3 Octavia and have sprayed the chrome grill with black plastidip which worked well. It's now a year old and starting to lift in places and looks naff. 

Has anyone tried a black grill from eBay? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153159286629

Much cheaper than super Skoda but I don't want to break my old chrome one out if the eBay item doesn't fit. 

I guess you get what you pay for from super Skoda thoughts?

Thanks

The super Skoda one is a genuine Skoda item so it's guaranteed to fit, not sure if the eBay one is a genuine item, there is every chance it could be though. Could also get a price from your dealer if there's no rush. I got mine from my dealer when I got my Octavia.

1 minute ago, System0fAClown said:

I got the same one off eBay, no more than a two minute job.

It's ok, I've just heard of some people having a nightmare getting the old one off. Having said that they were trying to get it off in one piece..

1 hour ago, coupe69 said:

It's ok, I've just heard of some people having a nightmare getting the old one off. Having said that they were trying to get it off in one piece..

Yeah, if you want to keep the old one it’s going to take a while. I just pulled it off. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coupe69 said:

How long did it take you to get the old chrome one off though?

Two mins just open the bonnet you can see the top clips and get at them with a longish screwdriver ,then just slide the driver along the rest of the surround and it just breaks into pieces as it comes away ,clean out the muck left behind then just push fit the new one in ,it is a very easy job and no more than ten mins .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2