Songs not showing up on media

I've noticed some of the songs on my sd card are not showing up so I can't play them. Plug my sd card into my laptop and they are there but the car can't see them and I dont know why. They are mp3 files so a bit confused why they don't show up. Any idea appreciated

Cheers

How many cds are on your sd card?

I have ripped approximately 380 CDs and this works out at around 6800 tracks for 121gb.

Each track is a flac file. 

Good luck 

I had a similar problem. The unit only accepts certain formats and , of course, MP3 is amongst them. The problem was that the unit can only read MP3 up to a certain quality ( and other formats as well). I am not technical but it seems that if the tunes were saved at a high bit rate the unit cannot read them. I re saved the files at a lower bit rate and the equipment played them..

It (the track I'm concentrating on for the moment) seems to fall within the mp3 category listed above (128kbps), I've also tried converting it to 'flac' as the other guy mentioned and still doesn't show up. Makes me wonder how many tracks are actually not working on my sd card. I've also tried transferring to USB just to see if it worked off there but no joy either. Plays fine on the laptop so file itself is fine.

Hi,

are all the files in the root directory? On older PC operating systems there was a limit to the files in one directory, not sure if that applies to our systems.

Mine are split in lots of directories and I do not get any issues. Worth at try 🙂

John

Well I've given up haha. Have transferred all music to my phone and can play it through bluetooth with no problems so will have to stick to that I guess. BTW, whilst I'm here, anyone know if Superskoda are trading? Dont want to order something and then find out I have to wait 3 months....