Fitting a detachable towbar and electrics

Hi there, I've had a new detachable towbar lying in the house for months now and I've bitten the bullet and ordered a universal wiring kit and gonna fit it myself, I know how to get the back bumper off and how to fit the bar, cut the bumper but I'm not sure on routing of the electrics cable, does it come into the car through the same bung as the revering electrics ? any guides or tips greatly appreciated, cheers

Edited by esoxecosse

If I remember correctly @SashaGrace fitted one, might be worth having a read of her build thread.

Or have a read of this thread 

might answer what you need.

Edited by DEZMONDE
Additional information
  • Thanks 1

I fitted a towbar and electrics to my 2014 VRS estate recently for a grand total £110.

Got the towbar used from a breaker for £75 and managed to get genuine VW/Skoda wiring loom and trailer module for £35 on eBay.

Used a combination of the following guides:

PDF found here: 

https://www.westfalia-automotive.com/fileadmin/pdf/e_anlagen/305/e305408391101.pdf

EDIT: Also needs coded with VCDS but plenty of people on here to help with that.

Edited by jordy_wd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1