Squeaking suspension

Dawnellie

My Škoda Roomster is squeaking every time it goes over bumps.  It’s a 15 plate, only done 33,000 miles and just passed the MoT and garage said nothing wrong with it.  I’m convinced something is wrong with the bushes. WD40 didn’t work, as soon as it’s cold it’s louder.  Is this a fault with Škoda vehicles? 

Guest Roomyster

I generally wouldn't use wd40 on bushes, may be more a lithium based lubricant. Problems with the bushes would be felt and more likely a knock than a squeak. Have you rocked or bounced the car when stationery to try and find the sqeak, it could be so many parts or places.

Thx for replying,  yeah we have it’s the front of the car. Garage said they could find anything on a suspension check, said may just have squeaky tyres. This year I took it to my local garage & a chap there said I might have replace the anti roll bar or Rotary arm. He remembers an issue with Volkswagen/skoda vehicles having this problem. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2020 at 06:52, Dawnellie said:

Thx for replying,  yeah we have it’s the front of the car. Garage said they could find anything on a suspension check, said may just have squeaky tyres. This year I took it to my local garage & a chap there said I might have replace the anti roll bar or Rotary arm. He remembers an issue with Volkswagen/skoda vehicles having this problem. 

The bushes were really noisy on our 2007 Scout, I squirted G85 (cheap stuff from Asda in a red can?) spray on the bushes a year ago and they're still fine