Front/rear left side electric windows not working

Sandy.Rogers

Help!

I have a 61 reg Yeti and the left front/rear electric windows have stopped working (both stuck at about 4" open).  The central locking also appears to have stopped working on the left side for both doors!

Pressing and holding the remote lock/open button no longer automatically operates any of the windows.

Tried resetting the windows - did not work.

Anybody got any ideas please?

I would put money on the wires broken in the boot between the door and door pillar.
Can you pull the rubber cover back to see the wires inside?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Urrell said:

I would put money on the wires broken in the boot between the door and door pillar.
Can you pull the rubber cover back to see the wires inside?

I'll take a look :) - 'in the boot between the door and door pillar', could you just narrow that down for me please so I don't start pulling apart the wrong place :biggrin:

8 hours ago, Sandy.Rogers said:

I'll take a look :) - 'in the boot between the door and door pillar', could you just narrow that down for me please so I don't start pulling apart the wrong place :biggrin:

Have a look under the "rubber boots" on both front doors between the door and A pillar.

Edited by Urrell

2 hours ago, Urrell said:

Have a look under the "rubber boots" on both front doors between the door and A pillar.

Thanks for the info - I will check them tomorrow when I get back to the car (left it at my son's for security) :thumbup:

On 30 May 2020 at 15:45, Urrell said:

Took a look under the passenger side 'rubber boot', two broken wires and two about to go.

My son took it upon himself to do the repairs and I now have fully functional Windows and central locking :biggrin:

Thank you and to all those who took the time to respond - it has no doubt saved me a hefty garage bill which I can do without at the moment - well chuffed - stay safe  :thumbup:

• Like 2