Just how easy is it to sell a Superb Estate?

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping for some advice and guidance. Back in 2016 I bought a Skoda Superb SE L Exec 2.0l Est Diesel (Silver) to tow a small 2 berth caravan.

Long story short, I damaged my back and only got away with the caravan twice, couldn't drive for the best part of a year and have to work from home because of my back problem so don't really need the car as I can use the other half's Fabia.

I love the car and have looked after it, but I really think it's wasted as I've only done 18k miles. I have a boot liner and removable but custom built Barjo dog cage (£460) that I would really like to sell with the car.

What are my chances of selling it as a package? What sort of money should I expect from a private sale? Or should I just trade it in with a dealer/We Buy Any Car?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,

Dave

Hello Davethecollie - you should not have a problem selling your Superb estate, might be best to sell privately ( We Buy Any Car will pay peanuts) as you should get a better price but you will probably  have to sell the dog cage separately as buyers may not be interested in it unless they specifically require it for their own dog.

Thanks Guys,

I'll have a look at Wizzle (Never heard of it)

Any idea what sort of price I should be advertising at? I sold the last car through 'Any car' because I was desperate for the Superb! So I have no idea what sort of price to put it up at.

Should it sell quickly?

Cheapest places to advertise?

Cheers, 

Dave

10 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

It is worth advertising both the car and the caravan on BRISKODA

Sadly the caravan went a couple of years ago. 😞  No point having it sat on the driveway.

Hi Dave, it's probably worth looking on Auto Trader to get a rough guide of what similar age and mileage cars are going for. I think dealers are asking around £14k - £15k so perhaps a bit less as it's a private sale.

I have just spent a bit of time researching before I bought my Superb, looking at 15 / 16 plates , Diesel hatches with 50-60K on the clock, private sale are £12,500 - 15,000, depending on condition, and service history, and lower end price if they have been 2 owner ( most likely pre reg cars). Estates were approx 500 more as there seems to be less of them around. Dealers were £16,000 - £17.500

Experience has shown that there are a few people who are not keen if the car has had pets in, as animal hair is a real B... to get out of the carpets,  also just be aware that you won't get anything back on boot liner or cage price wise.
Also just a thought, you say that the cage was specifically made for the car , so taking it out and selling it separately will be very time-consuming  convincing a potential new owner it would fit their car.

Any buyer will take the bootliner, specially in the estate.

Personally with such low miles + being an Estate I personally would set sale price at £16,499 , and not take less than £15,900 with cage you would sell but not too quickly unless there is someone specifically looking at your spec. and  you - WILL - get chancers offering you £12.5 - £13, using low miles not being good for engine / its had a pet - personally tell them to get lost. Quick sale - No offers £15,000

When you do put it up for sale, expect the following questions,  Whats your very / Best price ?  Will you take £ {stupid offer] ? , What do you want for it ?

Specially from our easter European residents ( sorry if you think this is a racist or whatever comment but its a fact). Also beware if you sort of agree a price they turn up to have a look and then suddenly drop their offer , making up any excuse.  Just say goodbye and walk away from them.

I am telling you this based on recent experience selling my winter wheels from the Yeti, and my son selling his car to buy my remapped Fabia VRs.

Set your sale price above your real wanted price and stick to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

spot on advice above and generic in the car sales spectrum

only advice I would give is that the forecourts, trade and private sales are going to be awash with cars for sale now restrictions have been relaxed ( officially ) so prices WILL need to be competitive 

( also be very careful with test drives as they are required to be unaccompanied at present and ant test driver needs to have full comprehensive insurance with proof and at least hold the keys to the car they arrived in as security, scams don’t just occur over the phone ! )

Be aware, 

just because someone holds Fully Comp insurance on their vehicle they do not automatically have 3rd party insurance to drive others cars.

So that needs checking. 

Persons ID, persons insurance, etc etc etc ..

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/480948-selling-a-car-to-trade-during-covid-19

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot