Smart Holder - Is it Worth it?

Has anyone got the "universal tablet holder" smart holder with headrest adaptor holder?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Smart-holder-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

Does it do a good job of holding a tablet? Is it limited to any specific sizes or thicknesses of tablet/device e.g. will a Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet fit in this?

13 hours ago, jjc said:

Mine came with one, but never used it so cannot comment much. Can try it with some tomorrow and report back 🙂

That'd be ace if possible  :)

13 hours ago, Roscio said:

Yes, in the headrest it does a good job but i had to remove it the third time I hit my head against it while fastening my daughter's belt 🤦‍♂️ 

Opps - looks like it clips in and out quite easily though...

I have the smart holder but as I have sport line, I do not have the adaptor for the headsets and can only use it in the centre rear armrest. It holds a normal sized iPad (as in the pic on Superskoda) no problem so it should not have an issue with the Amazon Fire 7. Would be more useful if it could be attached to the headrests as with non sport line seats imo.

Edited by MaddicIrl

5 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

I have the smart holder but as I have sport line, I do not have the adaptor for the headsets and can only use it in the centre rear armrest. It holds a normal sized iPad (as in the pic on Superskoda) no problem so it should not have an issue with the Amazon Fire 7. Would be more useful if it could be attached to the headrests as with non sport line seats imo.

Yer i spotted its not suitable for the sports seats... luckily I've got the standard L&K heated seats with the gap between the headrest and main seat. Does it actually do a good job of "gripping" a tablet though? Or does a big (or small) bump in the road send the tablet flying out the holder?

1 hour ago, sabian1982 said:

Yer i spotted its not suitable for the sports seats... luckily I've got the standard L&K heated seats with the gap between the headrest and main seat. Does it actually do a good job of "gripping" a tablet though? Or does a big (or small) bump in the road send the tablet flying out the holder?

Yeah, it grips the tablet well as far as I can tell and going by the photos @jjc has provided. Is it worth it? That really depends on your own situation, if you have young kids that are likely to drop the tablet etc then yes (headrest version critical in that situation imo), I have used it (or my teenage kids have) once in 3 years but its nice to have it should the occasion arise. Vast majority of my travel, I'm alone in the car, when the kids are with me its short trips, was planning a trip to southern France this year but Covid put pay to that but in that circumstance I believe it would have been very useful. Its not a huge outlay so guilt purchase doesn't really come into it.

14 hours ago, jjc said:

Hi,

some pics 🙂

Awesome, thanks for those - gotta be honest the official Skoda marketing video for this accessory makes the holder looks TINY but your photos show it's a really good size :)

13 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Yeah, it grips the tablet well as far as I can tell and going by the photos @jjc has provided. Is it worth it? That really depends on your own situation, if you have young kids that are likely to drop the tablet etc then yes (headrest version critical in that situation imo), I have used it (or my teenage kids have) once in 3 years but its nice to have it should the occasion arise. Vast majority of my travel, I'm alone in the car, when the kids are with me its short trips, was planning a trip to southern France this year but Covid put pay to that but in that circumstance I believe it would have been very useful. Its not a huge outlay so guilt purchase doesn't really come into it.

Yer looks like a guilty purchase but one that'll keep my noisy one in the back seat a lot quieter and focused.