Coilovers and Creaking

Hi all, second question of the day lol

fitted my Coilovers this morning And now I am getting a horrible creaking noise from the suspension. I’ve only dropped the car about 20mm.

In the last year pretty much all the front bushes And ball joints  have been replaced and with the Coilovers I fitted new top mounts.

The only thing I haven’t done is install shorter drop links which I do have and only didn’t install because I though as people drop there cars in lowering springs and keep the standard links it would be okay and I can make sure the new suspension is okay. Sounds stupid now I type this lol.

The sound primarily happens at very low speed and when the car is on an angle (driver side a different height to the passenger side). I’m also getting a metallic scrapping noise when I come of the accelerator but I can’t find any scrapping on anything in the wheel well. Safe to say I am confused lol.

Actually turned out to be the drop link being too long and causing the arb to foul the driveshafts. The car isn’t slammed either I’d never get off my estate 😂. I think the mounting points for the drop links is lower on the coilovers than on the standard  shocks. No noises now as I swapped them this evening just need it all to settle down.